Chapter 17 - Boss Level

(Edited) ~(•-•)~

"Absolutely not."

"Aww come on Valerie! I'm better! Really!"

I shake my head, "No you aren't! You could barely walk up the stairs five minutes ago."

"Valerie, I'm fine. Just please let me fight with you guys!" She says, pouting.

I bite my lip nervously, "Fine. But you stay by me at all times, understood?"

"Yes." 

"Good. Then suit up." 

She nods and happily skips to go find her suit. I take a deep breath but it comes out uneven and nervous. I bite my lip again but harder and more out of fear than nervousness.

I have a bad feeling about this.

***********

I look below me to see the city of San Fransokyo. The lights shine bright and they mesmerize me.

Lily smiles, "Aren't fictional worlds the prettiest?"

"Yeah. You'll never get something like that in New York."

"True."

"I think we're on top of him." Fred tells us, snapping me out of my daydream and reminding me where I am and what's going on.

I grip onto my sister's gloved hand, "Let's go kick his butt."

"We need a plan." Lily reminds me.

"She's right."

"We need a distraction." 

"Or a diversion." Hiro adds.

"Got a plan?" I ask, my hand still gripping onto my sister's.

"You betcha. But, you're gonna have to cover for me."

"Okay."

"With means Lily's gonna have to be with Tadashi."

I glare at Hiro, "Absolutely not."

"Why?" 

"I can't just leave my sister. That's not how this works."

"It'll just be for a few minutes. Valerie, I need you for this plan to work."

I cross my arms, "Why me?"

"Your lightsaber." He says, gesturing to the weapon strapped to my hip, "I need it but I don't know how to use it."

"I don't know Hiro..."

"Don't worry about her Valerie. She'll be with my brother."

"Is that supposed to be some kind of comfort?"

Lily elbows me and I do the same but it causes her to bump into Hiro. She gives him a shy smile and I giggle slightly.

She turns to me, "Val, I will be fine. Promise." 

I watch as she pouts ever so slightly as she tries to convince me. I cross my arms, showing that I'm not agreeing. She then hugs my side tightly and starts insisting. I still don't budge.

She sighs, "Fine. I guess I'll just sit hear and scroll through your phone."

My eyes widen, "Okay. Okay. I'll go."

Lily smirks and hands me back my phone that she took from my sweater pocket. I glare at her and Hiro chuckles at our antics.

"Okay. Follow me." He tells me.