Chapter 15 - Small Problems

(Edited) ~(•-•)~

~~~~

(Timeskip: 2 Days)

I sit on the old, beat up couch the brothers have in their garage and watch Lily walk (well, limp) around. 

"Lils, you should sit down. That....injury....should be be resting."

"But I need to walk it off." Lily huffs, ignoring my plead.

I roll my eyes, "No you don't. Now sit." 

I drag Lily to the couch and force her to sit down. She sighs and sits. I smile and plop down beside her.

"There? Isn't that better?"

She shrugs, "I guess."

It's gotten worse. It's started to spread to my other foot and it's currently working it's way up to my thigh. (On both of my legs) Lily won't say much, which worries me. I'm assuming that we're both suffering at the same rate but who knows, it could be different for each of us.

I hear the brothers walk down the stairs, the gang in tow. I nudge Lily for her to sit up, instead of leaning on me like she has for the few minutes we were waiting. The gang send me a few waves and Lily happily waves back. I just give them a small salute.

Fred smiles, "So, who's ready to do some police scanner stuff?"

*********

"If I would have known that we were just going to sit here while they save the day, I would of stayed in bed with Mochi."

Lily and I were currently huddled up by the scanner while the rest of the gang was out there saving the day.

"Come on Valerie. You two are still important."

I roll my eyes at Hiro's comment, "If by important you mean just listening to the police scanner and eating all of Cass' cookies then yeah. We're important."

I hear Fred gasp, "Cass baked cookies?" 

"Look, we'll let you join us next time, okay?" 

"Sure. I'll take your word for it."

Before I can hear what Hiro has to say, I heard a thump behind me. I lift the microphone so that the gang can't hear me and I remove the headphones from one of my ears. I turn to see Lily, clutching her hip. 

"What's wrong? You okay?" 

"It's spreading even faster for me." She whispers, slowly heading to the couch.

I wince slightly at her pained look and take a deep breath to relax myself. Everything I've tried to slow what Lily calls "our time limit" won't work. My mind starts to wander. Is this payback for saving Tadashi? Experiencing the pain he would of felt or something along the line of that? I look at Lily. She gives me a weak thumbs up, trying to tell me that she's okay and I give her a weak smile in return.

"Valerie!" 

I jerk forward and almost fall on the floor in shock. I lower the mic and put the headphones back in my ear.

"What?"

"Could you give us a little help?" I hear Tadashi ask, "Lily isn't responding."

I sigh and push my chair to Lily's work station. I type in the code Lily taught me a few hours ago and hit enter.

"How's that guys?"

I hear them all sigh in relief and I smile. I give Lily a goofy thumbs up, making her laugh through the increasing pain.

*********