Chapter 8 - Curiouser And Curiouser

(Edited) ~(•-•)~

"Now, you two are going to need a place to sleep." 

Cassandra leads us to a spare mattress in the boys room. 

"You girls don't mind staying with them right?" 

We both nod and Cassandra reminds us that dinner will be ready in a few. 

"This will be just like Summer Camp all over again." Lily mutters to me once Cassandra is gone.  

"More or less. I guess." I tell her, laying on the mattress. She sits on the edge of the mattress.

"This is going to be a crazy adventure." She says, playing with her fingers. 

Silence fills the air. 

"You know I've always wanted to go traveling." I say, smiling to myself.

**********

I wake up to the sound of my dream coming to life. I frantically look around the room only to remember my current situation. I quietly get up  and rush to the bathroom to do.....well, that's a little too much info. Anyways, once I'm done I hear noises downstairs. 

It's probably the cat.

Just as I'm walking towards the bedroom, I hear purring by Lily and a little ball of fur cuddles up with her.

If Mochi is there, then who's down there?

I start to walk downstairs carefully, and I see the light of the Cafe on. 

I look around, Nobody's here.

Cass probably left the lights on by mistake. 

I sigh and turn off the light and go back upstairs. I'm not even halfway there when I hear someone turn on the light. I turn around to see Hiro. 

He sheepishly smiles at me, "H-Hey Valerie. What are you d-doing up?" 

"The real question is, what are you doing up?" I say, going downstairs. 

I walk into the cafe and see Tadashi at one of the booths at the far end. 

"What are you doing up Valerie?" He asks me, titling his head a bit. 

I cross my arms, "Bathroom. Now," I look at Hiro quickly, "Answer my question." 

"Why so curious Valerie?" Hiro asks, sitting beside his brother.  

"There has to be an explanation as to why you two are up at..." I glance at the clock on the wall quickly, "one in the morning. So, explain."

They both watch as I sit down across from them and prop my chin on my hands, gesturing them to talk. 

Hiro laughs nervously, "W-Well let's just say it involves something....well, illegal." 

I sit up in my seat, "You two nerds did something illegal?! Oh, this is precious." 

Hiro rolls his eyes as Tadashi talks, "It had nothing to do with me! Hiro over here, decided to got bot-fighting." 

"Bot-fighting?" I raise an eyebrow at Tadashi, "I'm guessing that's the illegal activity." 

Tadashi nods his head, "He thi-" 

But before he could finish the ground started to shake. I gasp as the chair I'm sitting on, jerks down to the floor and I land straight on my head. I hiss in pain as my head throbs and I feel like something else has taken over me. In an instant, I run straight out the cafe and followed the ringing in my ears, ignoring the complaints from both brothers.