Chapter 16 - A Big Problem

(Edited) ~(•-•)~

~~~~~~~~~

(Timeskip: 2 Days)

"You guys okay?" I ask, my eyes scanning the computer in front of me.

"Yeah. Thanks for the concern Val."

I cringe at the use of my nickname, "Don't call me Val." 

"Right. Sorry." 

"Are you managing both devices by yourself Valerie?" I hear Honey Lemon ask. 

"Yeah. Why?"

"Where's Lily?"

"She's...uh....feeling under the weather." I lie.

Well, it isn't a lie.

Lily hasn't been feeling so good since the "animation plague" has reached her rib cage. Any food she eats, she throws up. Any drink, she throws up. Her stomach wants nothing. It really worries me. I haven't had it that bad and it has just reached my rib cage. To me, it just feels like period pain and to cure that, I take a Tylenol. (Maybe two if it's bad.) Is Lily more vulnerable?

I tug on my bangs ever so slightly as I listen to the police scanner. It was quiet. Too quiet. 

I type on the computer and ask for Baymax to scan the area for me.
No sign of the villain.

I frown. This town is way too quiet to not have any crime. Or maybe New York is way too violent and makes this place seem like a stroll in the park.

As I go to the radio, I hear someone fall down the stairs. My head perks up and turn to see Lily. 

"Crap! Lily!" I shout as I run towards her.

"Valerie? Wha-" 

I take off my headphones and put them on the couch so the gang can't hear my conversation with her. 
I crouch down beside her and gently stroke her forehead.

"Lily." I call out to her and she looks up at me with sleepy eyes, "Lily. Hi. Why did you come downstairs?"

"I came....came down so I could stop Luna's barking."

I look at her, confused. Luna's back in New York. Why would she be barking? And why could Lily hear it?

"Lily? Did you have the medicine I gave you?" 

She lazily nods, "Cass gave me it and then after my nap I had a little more for my headache." 

"How much is 'a little more'?" 

Lily pauses for a moment before showing me with her hands how much of the medicine she had. I facepalm as she shows me that she's had almost half a bottle.

"Lily..... why did you have almost half a bottle of medicine?"

She shrugs, "It tasted like candy. And you know h-how much I like c-candy Valerinaaa~!" 

I cringe at her sing song voice, "Okay. Well, let's just get you on the couch here."

Once I set her on the couch, I tell her to relax and if she need to throw up, there's a garbage can in front her.
I watch as she kicks her feet like a child. I go to ask her what's wrong but I notice that her feet are playing with the headphones.

The headphones!

I quickly pick them up and put one on my ear.

"Hello?" 

I hear a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness. You okay?"

"Yeah Tadashi. I'm good. What about you guys?"