Chapter 21 - Not Gone

The portal is dark for a while.

And empty. 

The only thing that can be heard is the silent sound of loneliness that surrounds me and my soft humming.

Once I entered the portal, I felt myself being carried away to another place. But I never stopped. I continued floating and floating and floating for a while.

Eventually, after what seems like hours later, I bump into a wall and I fall onto a white floor. I look up at the white wall I bumped into. It's actually a door. I look around to see multiple doors.

"Hello?" I call out to anyone but all I get is an echo as a response.

I sigh and go for the door in front of me but I'm stopped by my own hand. My hand starts to glow the same colour as the gem on my ring. I gasp as my hand lead me to a door on my far right.

"Are you sure about this?" I ask, feeling slightly stupid about asking my hand.

"Of course!"

I stumble back in alarm at the voice, "Who goes there?"

"Why, I am your conscious Valerie!"

"Why do you sound like Morgan Freeman?"

"I don't know, ask yourself."

I roll my eyes, "Why is my conscious the portal?"

"You control the portal. As a real human being, returning back to New York will be easy because it's a real place. You don't have to go through this long process of di-" 

I cut the Morgan Freeman voice off, "And if I want to go to a fictional world?"

I can hear his smirk in his voice, "Why? You want to go back?"

"What? No." I huff, "I'm just asking!"

"Uh huh. Well, just control the portal and guide yourself to where you want to be."

"Yeah. Okay. I wanna go back to my house in New York."

"Obviously."

Before I go, I look up with a nervous smile, "Will I ever talk to you again Morgan Freeman voice?"

"Don't we always talk?"

Before I can answer him, I feel myself being wisked away towards the door I originally picked and a burst of colours surround me and a bright light blinds me.

Suddenly, I fall down on an all too familiar wooden floor and a small black puppy happily licks me. 

I giggle, "Luna! Stop! No más!"

I scoop her up in my arms and I watch as my animated arms fade and I'm normal again. I sigh in relief and I stand up. I start to go upstairs but something catches my eye. 

On the couch, is a small girl with curly brown hair with a bright orange suit. I gasps softly as I move her hair from her face.

"L-Lily?"

Lily sits upright immediately and her eyes land on me. She engulfs me in a warm hug and I start to cry.

"Lily?"

She softly pets my hair, "Yeah Val. It's me. I'm okay. You're okay. We're okay."

I take a good look at her, my eyes scanning each detail of her face that I've missed so much, "I t-thought.....W-We all though t-that you w-were....dead."

Lily brings me back into a hug and rubs my back soothingly, "But I'm alive. It's okay. It's okay."

"I cried for days thinking you were dead." I whispered, tears freely flowing down my cheeks, "I couldn't stop thinking about you."

"Me too. Me too."

I wipe my tears and break the hug, "So how did you get here?"

"That force field thing that Hiro installed for me? It saved my life! I used it on myself last second when that nasty villain dropped me and then this weird conscious thing told me th-" 

"Yeah. I got that too."

"Anyways, I ended up here and the movie was playing normally. It was almost done and I waited, hoping you'd show up amd you did!"

I nod, "Yeah. I'm here Lils. I'm here."

I give her another hug, this time with Luna and I remove the disk from the DVD player. Lily quickly puts it in its case and throws it across the room.

I chuckle, "You know it's not toxic, right?"

"I know. Just making sure."

"So, the time limit you were telling me about? What was it exactly? You never really specified and it scared me."

"Well, there were two factors. One, the movie was ending and two, our p-" 

We're cut off by Luna rushing upstairs to the main floor. The sound of a door opening can be heard and I hear two pairs of footsteps and two suitcases.

"Valerie? Lily? We're home!"

Lily smiles at me, "That was the second factor."

She rushes upstairs and I hear her squeal as my parents yell her name.

I start to go upstairs myself but my gaze goes back to the TV. The adventure we've had was a stressful one. A part of me wants to go back but another part of me knows I'll never belong.

I look at the DVD on the floor. I pick it up, admiring the case. I put the case in our collection of DVDs and I go up the stairs and try to pretend that this adventure never happened.

Even though, I know that it was truly unforgettable.
________________________________

💜 UPDATE (01/09/17) 💜

DOUBLE UPDATE GUYS.

WHATS UP?

HI.

Welcome to the end of this book.

Well, sorta.

We still have one chapter so who knows what will happen!!

Anything can happen!

Now, I don't wanna take up much of your time so let's dive into the final chapter of this book! 💞

- DisnerdFangirl 👑🍊