2.2

"I like your mom." I say with a mouth full of French fries, my eyes dead set on Luke, who's sitting across from me in a booth. After his mom left we decided to go for a drive and ended up in an old diner.

He scrunched his eyebrows together and laughs. "You're about the only one." He laughs again and grabs a handful of fries. "Ashton leaves every time she comes over. She can't stand him."

"Kind of like the rest of us." He laughs slightly, but his smile fades.

"You sure don't seem to mind him." He looks down at his hands and starts fiddling with his fingers.

I look up at him with daggers that could kill. "Please tell me you're joking." He chuckles and looks back down at his food. "Luke." I say sternly.

He shoots his head up, a stern look on his face. "Just drop it, Hannah."

"You fucking started it!" I say, raising my voice, bringing a lot of unwanted attention to myself.

"Hey." I hear a voice and look over. It was the man behind the register. When I catch his eye he signals me to lower my voice.

I sigh and look back over at Luke. "Can we please go home now?" This experience has already soured and I'm ready for it to be over.

"No."

I give him a shocked look. "Why?"

He looks up at me, his face had finally softened. "Because I wanna spend time with my girlfriend. Just us." He says as he grabs my hand. I blush and wrap my fingers around his.

"We should go on a road trip this weekend. Get the hell out of the city." I say lightly, dreaming about what it would be like.

"Why wait?"

I chuckle and squeeze his hand a little tighter. "Because I have class all week. I need my education, Lucas."

"Loser." He smiles at me and I can feel my heart melting away. We rarely have moments like these, but when we do, they're everything to me. He is everything to me. And that's what scares me. "C'mon." He says suddenly, snapping me out of my own thoughts. "Lets head home."

"Luke?" I say as he grabs my hand to lead me out. He turns back and gives me a questioning look, signaling me to continue. "Stay with me tonight?"

He smiles and grabs my hand tighter. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

~~

I wake up suddenly from a deep sleep and attempt to take in my surroundings. I look around and immediately recognize my room. But when I look beside me I see that Luke is no longer present next to me like he had been when I fell asleep. I sit up and try to wake up a little more before I stand up. I stand up and grab Luke's hoodie up off of the floor and slide it over my head, since I was only in my underwear and Michael likes to show up whenever he feels like it.

I heat muffled voices coming from my living room as I make my way down the long hallways. I instantly recognize them as being Luke and Michael, Benn's probably with Michael, but, you know how that goes.

"You have to tell her eventually." I hear Michael say in a hushed and disappointed tone.

"The later the better. I don't want her kissed at me."

"If you hold it off you'll only make it worse."

"Make what worse?" I ask as I walk into the loving room, pretending to be going yo the kitchen and acting as if I hadn't been standing there.

Luke quickly stands up and walk towards me. "Nothin'. . ." He mutters before walking up behind Mr and wrapping his arms around my waist. "You're up early."

"I have class." I say blandly. Now I knew for a fact that he was hiding something from me and I still had no idea what. I grab his arms and pry them off of me. "I need to shower." Is all I say before walking out of the kitchen.

Before I walk into the bathroom, the last thing I heard was Michaels voice. "You know what to do."

~~~

my phone broke so I couldn't write and that's not just an excuse I swear to u.

new phone = new chapters yaaay