0.1

Here we go, I'm here, it's time. It's finally time.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" My mom says, her eyes beginning to water for what seems like the hundredth time since I woke up this morning.

"Mom, it New York, not Mars." I say while shaking her cold hands off of my shoulders, exposed due to ACDC cut off.

"But, Hannah. It's so far."

"It is not that far, mom." I say with a pang of attitude in my voice. "You're being dramatic." I cross my arms and lean against a wall just outside of airport security.

"It is for a mom." She put her right hand on my left cheek. "You're still my little girl, ya know."

I smile and put my hand on top of hers. "I know mom." I look at the time and realise I'm running late. "I love you, mom. But I have to go or I'm going to miss my flight." She smiles at me for the last time and pulls me in for her tightest goodbye hug yet.

We say our goodbyes and I head to security. Once I'm finally past security I quickly find my terminal and rest. I pull out my phone and check my Twitter. Why? Well, why not? Something to do, i guess.

I hear the lady call for my number and I stand to get in line for boarding, but before i can gett fully stood up i get knocked over and fall flat on my ass. "Oh shit, I'm so sorry!" I look up and see a tall blonde boy standing over me.

He reaches his hand out to help me up but I smack it away. "Don't touch me." I stand myself up and dust myself off. When i look back up, the blonde boy is still staring. "Need something?" I say rudely, hoping he'd get annoyed and walk away. But, of course, he didn't.

"Um, no." He said quietly.

I look at him for a few seconds before I realise I'm supposed to be boarding right now. "I have to get going." I say awkwardly before turning away from the strange blonde boy. "Freak." I mutter to myself.

I finally get into line in my right spot, luckily I had a higher number, so I got to board pretty fast. I show the lady what she needs and head inside. I get onto the plane and see my mom was right, she did book me a nice plane. I take a seat in the second to last row, window seat, of course. But to my dismay, the last person I wanted to see was standing at the end of the row. I look up at him and roll my eyes. "What, dude? What could you possibly want?"

"These are the only seats left. . ." He says quietly.

I blush, feeling kind of embarassed and rude. "Sorry. Go ahead." I look out the window, feeling bad that I had yelled at him for something like that.

"It's ok." I hear him say. I look up and he's smiling at me. "I probably would've yelled too."

"Would you really?" I ask, not believeing he would have actually yelled at me.

"Probably not." He answered honestly. We both start laughing slightly as the plane takes off. "I'm Luke." He says after our laughter dyes down. He had a sincere smile on his face, but all that aside, I still wasn't about to throw my personal business out to any random guy bumping me over.

"look, don't take this personally, but I think it's best we just forget we ever even met." I began as his face slowly fell into a sad expression. "It's nothing against you, kid. I'm just not the type to throw my business at strangers. And I'm not lookin' to make any new friends." After that I couldn't even look at the pained expression on his face anymore. So I turned and looked out the window for the rest of the ride.

~

It was a painfully long flight. And with Luke pouting beside me, it was practically unbearable. When we land I stand to grab my bag and couldn't quite reach it. I stratched on my toes for about as long as I could, until I saw a long arm stretch above me and grab my bag. When I turn around I see Luke holding my bag. He hands it to me with a blank expression, then as fast as he was there, he turned and walked away. I took a long, deep breathe and proceeded to make my way out of the plane.

When I finally exit and grab my bags I pull out my phone to make sure my cousin was still waiting outside for me. She lives in New Jersey, so she volounteered to drive me to my new apartment. Which is nice of her, I guess. I don't understand why she wants to be in my life all of a sudden, but, who am I to pass up a free ride?

When I step out into the slightly chilled New York air I instantly get chills. I look around the area and finally spot Kylie. I throw my stuff into the back seat and slam the door, still in a daze from the small nap I took on the plane. I sit down in the passenger seat and smile over at Kylie. "Long time, no see." I say kind of bitterly.

"It's so good to see you again." She says sarcastically.

I just roll my eyes and look out the window, hoping this isn't too long of a car ride.

It only takes about an hour to get to my building, and that was all due to big city traffic. I thank Kylie in as rude of a tone as I could manage without telling her bluntly to go fuck herself.

I walk through the big double doors and straight to the elevator. When I get in there there's already somebody in there, but I'm not paying any attention and go to hit my floor, twelve, when I see he had already hit the twelfth floor. I step back and stare out at nothing in particular until I see the doors slide open.

They spread open and I rush out, cutting the guy behind me off. By the time I reach my door the guy had already past me and was at the apartment across from mine. Out of curiosity I look up to see who when was I realised I already knew who it was.

"Luke?" I exclaim.

He turns around and half smiles at me. "Um, hi." He says shyly.

"You live here, too?" I say slightly annoyed that I still couldn't get away from him.

"Uh, yes?" He says, sounding more like he's asking me if he lived here."You?"

"Yeah." I say quietly. I look back at my door and when I looked back he was halfway through the door. "Luke!" I shouted before he could shut the door. He stepped out slightly, revealing half of his body.

"Hannah." I say shyly.

He shoots me a weird look and crosses his arms. "What?"

"That's my name." I said just as quietly as before. "My name is Hannah."

He smiles and stands up straight. "Well, I'll see you around." He paused briefly. "Hannah." He said with a wink before walking through his door.

I roll my eyes and walk through my door while muttering to myself. "Fuck, I hope not."

~~

there it is! new story xx

hope u like it!