0.2

I wake up around eight in the morning to a couple yelling in the apartment to the left of mine. I groan to myself and stand out of bed, stretching as far as I could.

I stand and slip on a pair of furry black moccasins that I wear as slippers. I exit my door to see a man slouched against his door. He must've been the guy arguing with his girlfriend that I had heard moments ago. He had bright green, spiked out hair and that's all I could make out of his features. They were probably arguing about his dumb ass hair.

He looks up at me and I realise that I'm starting. My head snaps away instantly and my face instantly heats up with embarrassment. I begin to walk away when I'm stopped by a sudden voice. "Hey," I turn around and see the strange looking green-haired boy staring at me the way I had been staring at him just moments ago. "We didn't wake you up or anything, did we?" I nod my head gently and he sighs. "I'm so sorry."

"it's fine." I say quietly and a little faster than I had planned. "I'm a light sleeper." I turn back around as I head to the elevator. I needed coffee in the morning and I don't have anything to make it yet, meaning a stupid cafe, filled with stupid people and bullshit prices.

After a short trip in the small elevator that smelt of dogs and blue cheese dressing, I was making my way out of the lobby and down the street. We passed a decent looking coffee shop on our way here last night and it wasn't too far. And until I can get a coffee maker, it's as good as it's gonna get. I get stares and glances with every step I take and my blood boils more and more until I realise what it is that has everyone staring. I hadn't changed out of my pajamas, meaning I was walking down a New York street in yoga pants and a small t shirt. Classy as always, Hannah.

I finally reach the shop after a seemingly short walk and I have to stop myself. It's was a lot bigger than it had appeared on the outside and I must say, I'm impressed. I looked around and noticed how empty the place was. The only other people in here besides myself were an old couple. I walk up to the counter and ring the little bell, signalling an employee that I was present. An employee comes and I guess I should've seen this next part coming. "Hannah?"

"Lucas." I say in an almost robotic tone. I just couldn't get away from this kid, could i? "You work here?"

"No, not at all." He says sarcastically. "I'm here for the fuck of it."

I roll my eyes and walk away from him. "You forgot to order." He yells back at me. I groan and walk back to the counter.

"Coffee, black." Was all I said. He turns his face up in a disgusted manor. "What?" I say bitterly.

"That's disgusting."

"So is that hair cut but I refrained on commenting, didn't I?" I said with my tone just as bitter as before.

He laughs and tells me how much I need to pay for my ridiculously over priced drink. I sit in a corner booth and stare down at my phone, getting lost in my own mind, when I feel a presence in front of me. He's smiling and holding a drink. "Here's your coffee." He says cheerfully.

"I didn't hear anyone call for me."

"They didn't." He said blandly. He pulls out his phone and begins doing the exact same thing that I had previously been doing.

I furrow my brows and look directly at him. "Luke," I say rather loudly, immediately catching his attention. I look into his eye a for the first time, just realising how blue they are. "What are you doing?"

He looks around confused, then looks back at me, furrowing his brows. "Sitting? What about it?" He says with a smirk.

"Go away." I say bluntly, taking a sip of my coffee.

He snickers at me and I glare at him, mentally choking him. "I thought we were friends, Hannah."

I roll my eyes and stand up. "You thought wrong. We aren't friends, and we never will be." I say bitterly. His face falls and I walk away, leaving him at the booth by himself.

When I reach my building I go up the elevator to see the dude with the stupid hair still up against his door. I sigh and walk over to him, slumping down beside him. "Things can only get better, ya know?" I say quietly.

He lets out a bitter laugh and looks up at me. "She left me." He says with sadness in his voice and a sad smile on his face. "Don't hate me for this, but your wrong. It can't get better."

"Not with that attitude." I say cheekily. He laughs quietly and looks up at me.

"So you and Luke, huh?"

"Never in a million years." I say with an annoyed tone. "How did you know I talked to luke?"

"I was sitting here the entire time, Hannah." He says with a smile.

"Creepy neighbor. That's nice." I say with a humored smile.

"I'm Michael." He reaches out his hand and I shake it. "Luke's not a bad guy. Just, lost, I guess."

I shake head and stand up. "As lovely as this was, I need to be going." I turn and look at him. "I'll see you around, Michael."

"Let's hope so."