Chapter Six

I didn't dare move

I didn't dare move. Not even a smidge. According to the two years of dreadful anatomy classes that I had to endure in college, the knife was too close to my jugular vein and if something cut that, I'd be in more trouble.

"So, what is a pretty little thing like yourself doing in this hood?" His disgusting breath danced on the nape of my neck as his elongated tongue licked my cheek; I tensed. He wasn't getting a response out of me.

He sighed. "Come on, Princess. I'm trying to be friendly here."

"Piss off!" I snapped, trying not to move a muscle.

"Oh, don't get feisty now. That's my biggest turn on," said the man seductively as his unusually long forked tongue felt its way down my shirt, caressing my bra. "What is that you have for me, sweetheart?"

I didn't have to see his face to know he was talking about the box. "I was just doing my job. Let me go!"

"Please let me go!" he mimicked in this disgustingly high-pitched voice before howling with laughter.

That just ticked me off. "I didn't say that, you perverted asshat."

"Say what?"

"I never said please. It wasn't a question," I threatened while scanning the area for any other attacker, "I instructed you to let me go, you idiot."

His voice lowered into a menacing whisper, "Speak to me like that again, you little fat bitch, and I'll rip off your throat with my bare teeth."

Luckily for him, I didn't waste another breath on him and just waited for the right moment to initiate my secret attack. It was a trick that gave me a brief moment of distraction. One that my father had taught me this from a young age, and how I warded off bullies. A harmless yet nasally destructive ruse that had helped me evade multiple fights in my time, and I highly doubted it would fail me then.

So, I did the unthinkable; I farted.

Yes, you read right. I released all the gas I had collected since lunch, and it was a lot.

Like an unexpected slap to the face, he stumbled backward in shock and disgust, and I took advantage of the moment. With all the strength I could muster, I swung my leg behind the masked individual's knees and made him land back first on the concrete with a hard, bone-cracking thud before whipping out my pepper spray and blasting it to his exposed eyes. That earned me an agonizing scream from him; it was like music to my ears. As he cowered in pain -- blinded -- and cursing me out, I spotted his dagger and kicked it as far as I could from him.

With the can of spray still directed at him, I smirked. "You picked the wrong girl to rob tonight, bud –"

A hard blunt object smacked hard into the back of my head, and I crumbled to the ground almost instantly. Another voice came from behind me, but I struggled to unscramble the words as a scorching rush of pain made me bubble out a disturbing groan. As my vision blurred from light to darkness, more voices surrounded me. On the brink of passing out cold, a hand tugged at my arm then dragged me until the roar of an engine came into proximity. A heavy haziness filled my head as I tried to wriggle away, but I soon succumbed to my injuries and entered an abyss of complete darkness.