Chapter Eleven

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ A/N : Bear with me this chapter is weird but makes sense, lol

(◔◡◔) A/N : Bear with me this chapter is weird but makes sense, lol. Hope you enjoy! And Happy 2k!

The next time I opened my eyes, a heaviness settled on my head. However, in an instant, it disappeared, and I felt like I was on top of the world. I found my utopia in the operating room. In some euphoric trance, everything was funny-looking. That was about the time when the circle of cute, dancing baby devils above my head made me happy inside. Like a child listening to her favorite kindergarten song, I tipped my head from side to side as I danced to their rhythmic skipping. As I did so, the room swirled a little, but I could identify what was what, and that was all that mattered.

"Julane, you're still alive?"

I turned my head to face a shocked Devlin. With a hand on his shoulder from the earlier impact, he released a sigh of relief then said, "Are you okay, Jules?"

With the widest smile on my face, I got up, ran up to him then teasingly slapped his arm. "Of course I am, silly Devly."

"Silly Devly? Did you hit your head or something?" He reached up to examine the scar on my head where the horns were still peeking out from.

I just slapped his hand away and pouted. "No touchies."

Ignoring me, he pulled me closer to him and scanned every part of my being. "Are you drunk? I didn't see you drink any alcohol. All I saw you drink was ..." His eyes grew wide with terror. "Shit, my blood."

I had never been this close to him before. His eyes were a striking silver, every time you looked at them you immediately thought of diamonds. Despite his few blackheads and one or two whiteheads, his tan skin complimented them and helped define every muscle with immaculate detail. Even the small beauty mark on his chin was just as adorable.

As if I had found a butterfly, my two hands gently cupped his face.

"You're so pretty," I cooed, squishing his pink pert lips with my fingers. "It's a shame really."

His frown returned as his eyes beamed with curiosity. "And why's that?"

"You know, if your personality was at least half as interesting as mine, I think I would have asked you for a little alone time in the operating room." My thick brows bounced up and down suggestively as I threw him a dirty smirk.

"Julane, this may sound insane, but I think you're high on my blood," said Devlin, pushing my hands from his face.

He turned his back on me to grab some scalpels. That was his biggest mistake yet. Taking the opportunity, I smacked his butt with all my might. Alarmed, Devil Boy screamed with agony before eyeing me with vengeance. I just giggled, he looked like a baby Pitbull with his face all scrunched up with anger.

"Yeah," he growled, "I think you're very high—"

"Shut the hell up! I'm not drunk," I countered him, before bubbling some hiccups. "I'm. Just. A. Little. Happier."