Alone

*Tw: abuse/violence mentioned/ domestic violence. *

Loki squeezed your hand as you continued. You inhaled hard combating the thumping in your chest.

"You ever meet someone larger than life? Someone who walks into a room and owns it and everyone in it?" You waited, watching Bucky watch you

"I was in my last year of college. A no one girl from a nowhere town, living in the big city. It was a simple dream and it was mine. While He had already conquered half the world. So when he looked at me I felt like the center of the world. He had a way of doing that, making you feel like you are the most important thing. And when you've felt like nothing and no one for so long, it's intoxicating." 

You bit your bottom lip. "He gave me everything. He introduced me to this life and I felt so safe with him. I didn't see what was right there in front of me. But the devil has many enticing disguises." 

You blinked hard keeping the sting of tears back. "I gave him everything. I submitted no questions asked. He dazzled and I was just grateful to be apart of his world. And I did what stupid young girls do when their blinded." You let out a sigh. "I married him." Bucky squeezed your other hand.

"And that's when I realized he wasn't God. He was the devil. It started slowly at first. He would do things that scared me. I thought it was a stupid game. where he'd wait and surprise me in the dark. Now anything that makes a noise in the dark is him."

Bucky remembered how Loki told him not to scare you last night. 

"Then he started to make me do things-" you stuttered

"Then he started to make me do things-" you stuttered. "Things with people I didn't want to do them with. I felt disgusted with myself.  But after he'd bring me purple roses and run a bath. He'd tell me how proud he was of me and how he loved me for listening."

The smell of lavender still excites and terrifies you.

"Once, when I didn't listen he drew a bath and he almost drowned me in it, right after he pushed roses down my throat. So I kept my mouth shut and obeyed. I hoped he would change back. Back to the beautiful magnanimous man I loved. But he didn't and things got worse."