Auction

You straighten out your dress readying yourself to address the room. The microphone in your hand felt heavy.

You've done this a million times, get it together....

You smiled entering the room to applause.

"Thank you everyone for coming," you began. "Tonight is a special night. I open up my club to the curios and the experienced." Laughter came from the crowd. "But all the proceeds tonight go to my charity of choice which is the women's shelter for the battered and abused." A round of applause.

"So please enjoy, indulge in all your pleasures!" you gave them a seductive smile. "I know you know where all the private rooms are," you joked. You eyes grazed across the crowd and you remained frozen. Your chest sank.

His grey eyes were fixed on yours. His dark hair perfectly combed against a black suit.

Markus...

As the light moved you blinked and another glaced showed no one standing there. Regaining composure as the crowd stared on.

"The auction will begin soon," you faked a smile as the applause and shouts rang out.

You walked into the crowd smiling and shaking hands with members and potential members. You finished speaking with a young attorney when you felt a hand caress your arm. You turned to find Bucky there.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Are you okay?" He asked. "I saw the look."

You smiled, "I think I'm seeing things. I could have sworn I saw him in the crowd on moment and then he was gone."

"We're right her love," Loki chimed in behind her. "He's not here."

You grazed his cheek with your fingertips. "I know," you replied. "I'm just on edge."

Bucky wrapped his hand around your waist. "How about a drink?" He whispered in your ear. You nodded as he placed a gently kiss in your ear.

You smiled as he walked away. "Great party," Steve said walking up with Natasha.

"Hello beautiful," you said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm glad you're both having a good time," you replied to Steve, watching a pink blush rise across his face.

"I hope you bid on something fun for the two of you tonight," you added eyeballing Natasha.