There is Another Way

You walked down the stairs toward the service door. You could see the delivery driver grabbing the groceries from the van. 

"You're not Wanda," the man said almost disappointed.

"No," You replied with a smile. "I'm just the stand in for the day."

"Well, here you go," he said handing you two brown bags. "I think it's just two bags but let me double check."

You placed the two bags on the automatic dumb waiter in the hall that led back up to the kitchen. You propped the iPad in one of the bags. You looked through the bags as the man rummaged through his orders and bags. 

"Yup, " he replied from the door. "There's one more. These are very pretty," he added. "Tony must have a special guest." 

You turned to see the man holding a bouquet of purple roses wrapped in brown paper. Your breathing stopped.

Before you could udder a word there was a loud pop. The man, along with the bouquet, fell to the ground. Blood was spattered across your face. You turned to run realizing the man had been shot from behind. 

Just then a large pair of hands grabbed your arm and enveloped you. You tried to scream as a cloth was placed over your mouth. And then the world went dark. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bucky hopped out of the shower wrapping a towel around his waist. He checked inside the bedroom looking for you. He assumed you were in the kitchen. He had passed Sam on the way up and he told him of your dinner plans.