91

Redestro gave Tomura Shigaraki his seat of power. Tenko all but destroyed Deika, leaving nothing but an army surrendered to his name in its wake.

In the underground of the CEO's mansion, the liberation warriors gathered to welcome their new leader. There, he sat on a fancy plush chair, suit and coat outfitting his body. Beside him, Redestro gave up his position with more glee than sorrow.

And as the league of villains emerged from the shadows, the thousands of soldiers made to be fodder cheered for their new leader.

You listened from behind the scenes, the stage set only for those who played a part in Deika's taking. It'd been only a day since you'd walked the entire way from the doctor's lab.

Atomic's sentience clung to you the whole way. The entire time all he could do was apologize for having let Tenko use and evolve him for so much death and destruction.

The entire time, you simply calmed the energy's worries. After so many years at odds, you both finally understood one another. Now it was time to finally have a real conversation with the one who too had the power coursing through his veins.

Tenko collapsed as soon as he stumbled backstage. Compress tried to help him up, but his leader quickly shooed him away.

There, against the wall, you waited with your arms crossed, leg propped up.

Toga skipped to your side, gave you a kiss on the cheek and skipped on away again. Compress and Twice gave you kind nods of their heads and waves. Dabi bypassed you completely.

With all the injuries Tenko suffered fighting for Deika, you weren't shocked at his struggles. Two missing fingers, multiple contusions to the chest, broken arm, broken ankle, broken knee, and massive head trauma.

Atomic refused to heal any of it.

"You must be thrilled," You said once Tenko shakily got back on his feet. He used the wall to prop himself up, limping along its side.

He hadn't seen you in about a week- the night he left for Deika and you left for Musutafu with Dabi. But he accomplished his goal. Deika was his and you were unharmed.

"This is what you wanted, right?" You asked, in no rush to help him up. "An army capable of taking down not just heroes, but all of Japan?"

"Garaki said you went to see him."

"Your hair got lighter. It looks like mine now."

Tomura furrowed his brows at you, his breaths coming out with whistly endnotes. Add broken ribs to the list of injuries he shouldn't have survived.

The man didn't understand your sudden observation.

"What?" You asked, monotone, blinking at him without a shred of sympathy. "If you want to avoid the subject, I'll bring up random shit too."

An exasperated sigh left Tomura's body in dire need of rest and recuperation. The hall already emptied. It left only you and him staring at one another from opposite sides.

"You're angry I didn't include you in the plan."

"I don't care about that. I care about the fact that you lied to me and you almost killed yourself doing it."

As always, the man growled at the insinuation he was weak. His eyes shown with more strength than their tired dulled shades at your provocation.

"I evolved." He bit, defending himself as he could barely stay upright even with the support of an entire wall at his disposal. "I'm just as strong as you are now."

The man thought of all that occurred that fateful day. Where he had visions of Atomic's true strength. He felt the crumbling buildings beneath his feet, the sheer power coursing through his veins, the deafening sounds of all he decayed around him. The creation of bonds that then tore apart into the beauty of destruction and death and finally-