~Me, Myself and I~

*Y/N pov*

the mission I was sent on was to take care of a special grace curse that has been causing havoc in a remote village in Alaska

the weather there was always cold and harsh Snowstorms were to be expected. The plane ride over there only took me to the outer area of the tundra since it wouldn't be safe to go by plane from here in.  when we would land there would bean a heavy dutty ATV waiting for me to use if I so desired, which I did.

I swear if the higher-ups expected me to walk over to the village, defeat a special grade curse, and then just chill out here for the rest of the few months till this event they'll be calling me back for which I have no idea what it is. I swear if they treat all their first years like this I call bull shit!

when we finally arrived at the village after driving through the snowstorm, the village was abandoned and overtaken by snow and ice, seals to keep out the curse were everywhere from the house's doors to the windows.

not a sound could be heard anywhere, from the quick briefing I got from the package they gave me told me to go to the village leader's house and they would fill me in and give me a place to stay while I'm here

It was eerily quiet the only sounds to be heard was snow crunching under my boots and the snow flowing through the air hitting my jacket the hood crushing my ears underneath. the long walk filled with silence with frozen trees and houses along my path to the estate which was larger than the rest but still had the windows bordered off covered in curse seals with a faint glow coming from the inside. The house was on the edge of a cliff with a waterfall surrounded by more snow and ice.

 The house was on the edge of a cliff with a waterfall surrounded by more snow and ice

...........I'm going to die here, see you guys in hell.

after contemplating my life in this situation I decided to say Fuck it! I walked up to the frozen metal gate and opened it only to be met with a quiet squeak and the sound of ice hitting against the metal and breaking off, the gate seemed to have not been open for years.

the walk to the door through the courtyard was just as eerie till I was met with the door.  I raised my hand up and slowly knocked on the door creating a hollow sound echoing through the courtyard.