Chapter 3

I woke up to the sound of a camera clicking. By automatic habit I jumped out of bed about to say good morning to the person who went to wake me up, but was pulled down quickly by an arm that cuddled me. I gazed at a sleeping Daniel and felt my face heat up before I slipped out of his grip. I looked over only to see the one and only wonderfully annoying Gwen that also worked here with me. I felt a smile stitch itself onto my face as I said, "Goooooood Morning Gwen!!!" even though I felt the opposite of what I looked. She had a camera in her hands and looked at me with wonder and excitement. "Good morning David!" She piped back in a unusually happy manner. 

Daniel shuffled around in the covers, starting to wake up. I looked at Gwen, "This is Daniel! He saw your application for help in the newspaper and came to see if he could apply!" The grin on my face starting to hurt. 'Dang I just started this day' I thought almost switching my face to a frown before I quickly corrected it.  "REALLY SOMEONE CAME TO HELP US IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN CAMP!?!?" I frowned looking at Gwen, "This camp isn't god forsaken...." I mumbled under my breath. She heard and looked at me guilt flashed through her eyes. Daniel sat up and said good morning to me and Gwen.

I smiled as I explained the plans for today to both of them when Gwen chirped in, "Oh by the way Quartermaster is sick today so David? Do you think that you can make breakfast today?" I knew it was because Gwen didn't want to make breakfast but I didn't want to burden her so I agreed. I knew I had to get down to the kitchen now to have time to create all of the breakfasts in time.  

As I walked into the kitchen hoping that we had something that most of the kids would actually eat (which we all know is unlikely) I noticed that most of the cupboards were filled with potatoes, which I found weird. I sighed grabbing a few potatoes before cutting them up into thick slices. I planned to fry them into hash browns (AN: I should really stop eating so many hash browns... they've become my life now-)

As the hash browns were frying I was trying to cook some bacon, multitasking was not my strong suit. I started to hum the song that was stuck in my head trying to remind myself to find an excuse to head to my room and take my pills for today to get through the day.

I didn't hear the door open because I was busy trying not to burn two things at once. I almost screamed but it caught in my throat as a pair of hands reached over and took over cooking the bacon. I quickly looked to see the owner of the hands and was greeted with the blonde hair and blue eyes happily working on the bacon right there beside me.

I smiled gently and whispered a thanks to Daniel as we both took over working on breakfast for the campers.

Thank you for reading chapter three
You have no clue what your comments mean to me I hope that anyone who reads this has a amazing and wonderful day/night

Word count 575 words