chapter 14

"How touching... but can we talk about how Max called David 'Dad'?" Gwen called out. Nikki and Neil walked into the mess hall, wondering why they were all pushed out to only hear what Gwen just said. Neil let out a loud audible gasp, and Nikki, without thinking, called out, "Woah, David is Max's dad?" All eyes turned to the two who snuck in, murmurs rippled through the crowd of campers outside when they heard Nikki. Panic shot threw me and I felt like I was going to throw up. My eyes focused on Max who, somehow, looked extremely calm at the situation that was happening. "You all would probably find out sooner or later, but yes. David is possibly my father." Max responded. I let out a breath of relief knowing he didn't care about what was happening. "Possibly? What do you mean by that?" Neil asked gently. "You don't have to tell them if you don't want to." I whispered into his ear. "They deserve to know." Max responded. "Uh... just how it sounds... you know my parents dont care about me. Hell, they are probably planning on putting me up for adoption (because they are shit and I want some dadvid in here you can't stop me) but, David, my maybe dad, agreed that if they do, do that. Then he would adopt me and I would be his son." I felt a slight sense of pride because of how well Max was handling it. "Sooo... David is your father now? Would we need to get use to you calling him 'dad's or 'daddy'?" Nikki asked sneering at the last part. "Nah, pretty sure David is the one calling Daniel daddy so I would only call him dad." Max grinned. "MAX" I shouted growing red in the face as Daniel quickly tried to cover Max's mouth.

Hello!! Sorry I havent updated for a bit! My ADHD acted up and then I had some therapy and got sick. But I really hope that you enjoyed this short chapter... the next chapter is very long so it would be a bit.
Have a good time doing whatever you are doing, whether it is sleeping, school work, killing someone, or just reading.

374 words