4: Escapade

Y/n walked closer to her room to hear talking, the exchange student and Abby are probably talking.

"Hey," she called after opening the door.

"Hello, Lady y/n." Abby bowed seeing her.

Y/n turned her gaze to the woman she saved from frostbite.

She was drinking chocolate.

"Ohh, you gave her some of the kingdom's famous treat and a hot drink?" She smiled seeing the work Abby had done.

Abby nodded hearing her sound so happy.

"Yes, Lady y/n." She said.

Y/n smiled before introducing herself after her maid left them for themselves to talk.

"I'm Katarina Claes, but please just call me Katarina."

Y/n smiled giddily, 'Katarina, huh... That's a cute name for her...'

"It's nice to meet you, Lady Katarina, but if you don't mind me asking... What were you doing sleeping out in the cold open? Were you hoping to get frostbite?" She hummed taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Oh! No, of course not!!" Katarina denied that before explaining her situation.

...

"So you are from the kingdom of Sorcier but not as an exchange student but as someone who accidentally teleported here from a device in your 'ministry'?" Y/n summarized the situation better.

Katarina nodded.

"Huh," y/n was a little sad she wasn't someone she'll be able to compete on, "Well sorry to say but it's a policy for us Wintergreen people not to help foreigners when they want to go home because it's not prideful. But I'm willing to help you around whenever as long as it's not transportation-related."

Katarina wasn't going back home easily, huh...

"But..." Y/n scratched her chin in thought, "Since you said you were noble, my parents might allow you to stay as much as you'd like until we can resolve everything? I can ask one of my friends for a favor to send a letter about you to Sorcier and your situation too."

Katarina smiled.

"Really?" She asked.

Y/n nodded, "I know the Prince of Wintergreen y'know. He's one of my friends, he'll define let agree if I explain it."

Katarina was so blessed to hear that.

"Thank you!!" She cried out after holding y/n's hands on hers.

Y/n smiled in awe, odd, the hands that held hers felt warm. Unlike those many times, her hand had been held by the Prince, other friends, and family. Katarina's hands were warm.

Unconsciously, she pulled her hand out of Katarina's grasp. She rubbed her hands together, no matter how much she tried. Katarina's hands were really warm.

Wintergreen people were known for cold hands here even in childhood. That's just how it was for them.

"Your hands are warm." She chided looking up at Katarina.

"Heh?" Katarina looked down, "Seriously?"

Y/n nodded, "They're super warm!! Woah, are most noble people like you back in Sorcier have warm hands?"

I think the more she examined Katarina's hands, the more she realized how rough it was just like hers.

"Do you do swordsmanship?" That was a question from out of the blue.