36

Katarina knew where they were which they were thankful for and she was able to find a way to earn money too.

They decided to work in a small inn that had little to no customers due to bad food.

"I can cook, we've gone camping out a few times and I usually cook," Y/n said, so she took over the kitchen.

The rest became waiters and waitresses, well, Kyle, Michael, and Veldarick were in charge of that position, and Alexandra and Katarina were in charge of attracting the customers.

It was bustling until nighttime since the food was just incredible, y/n was a really good chef and the service was fast and efficient too which was an additional point.

They were paid a hefty amount since the owner was a nice old man in their fifties.

They were closed.

And they were having dinner.

Yes, they had lunch before this whole fiasco of a bustling business, ok?

"Lady y/n's cooking never ceases to amaze." Veldarick chuckled taking her last bite.

Veldarick was busy watching Katarina who ate. She didn't give her too much since she just had a stomachache last time. And she noticed at lunch how much of a monster she was for food too. Katarina might overeat if she doesn't keep watch.

"Where should we head to next, Lady Katarina? Working in such a place was quite fun." Michael finished his plate.

Katarina hummed thinking, "We should go to the academy! Or the ministry if possible."

"Eh? Sorcier also has its ministry?" Kyle raised a brow.

"Mhm! And it doesn't take orders from anyone other than the royal family." Katarina said, "I think my friends are over there too."

...

Y/n couldn't sleep too well last night, they booked a few rooms in a different inn somewhere else.

They all got up early so they could catch a ride from common carriages. They were going straight to the ministry with all the money they earned.

It was now or never.

But midway, one of the carriage's wheels suddenly broke.

The driver said he had a spare so it was alright, but he'd need some help lifting the whole thing to attach it.

Y/n helped with that with her element and rose a bump under the thing to raise it.

The driver was thankful for it.

"Why don't you all look around and get a little fresh air while I try and fix this darn old thing?" He laughed holding the spare wheel in hand.

They all agreed, it wasn't as though they wanted to put any more weight on the thing for the driver to worry about.

"Hey, y/n."

Y/n jumped a little when Alexandra patted her shoulders.

"What..!?" She frowned a little from it.

Alexandra stared with wide eyes, "You've fallen head over heels, huh..."

Y/n raised a brow.

"What??" She was confused.

"If you really love Katarina, you should say it now and not later or never!" Alexandra said.

Katarina raised a brow and turned to look over her and Michael's shoulders.

Michael felt sweat behind his back.

Alexandra was a little too loud.

"Is something wrong?" Katarina hummed deciding to walk over to them.