15: Clod

Somehow y/n was able to convince their principal that Katarina was the exchange student from Sorcier.

Oh, well.

"Luckily the principal is a bit of a fool so... He won't be able to tell the difference between the real exchange student if they ever came..." Y/n huffed walking, leading the way. She and Katarina were in the same class.

"Quick question." Katarina pondered.

"Yes?" Y/n turned to her.

"What did the principal mean when he said... Star rookie?" She asked.

Y/n felt a sweat behind her ear.

"That..." How should she tell her?

"The exchange student is supposedly smart like me so... I think he's expecting you to be able to ace high in grade just like me in both academic results and magic." She explained.

"Eh? But I'm terrible with my element." Katarina gasped in shock.

"What..!?" Y/n was surprised.

"My element is earth and all I can do is a small earth bump," Katarina said.

Y/n had a baffled look across her face.

"O-Oh..." She wasn't sure how to solve this problem but she was sure she can fool everyone into thinking it's her if she secretly does it behind everyone's back.

"What if..." Y/n was deciding on that, "What if you pretended you were good at it while I made earth magic behind their backs?"

Katarina hummed, "Lying isn't good, Lady y/n."

Y/n chuckled hearing that, "That's cute coming from you."

"Eh?"

Y/n wanted to slap herself.

"I said nothing."

Katarina squinted her eyes at her when she turned her back on her.

"But you sai--"

"Let's go, I think we're already five minutes late."

Y/n cut her off.

Katarina walked right behind her, ok, that oddness, that small skip of her heartbeat was there again. It was a little clear for her this time.

Her emotions were saying she liked her.

She shook her head to clear that thought away.

Maybe if she or y/n were a man it'd be fine, right?

"We're here."

"Ah..!"

"Hm?" Y/n glanced over to her.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

"Oh! No, everything's fine!" Katarina waved her hands a bit.

Y/n frowned, "Are you sure?"

"Mhm!" Katarina insisted.

"You're not cold again are you?" Y/n squinted her eyes staring down at her.

'She's so much smaller now that I'm standing this up close to her...'

"I'm fine!" Katarina said, "You said you engraved fire runes into this just like Abby said so it's not too cold."

"Hmm..." Y/n crossed her arms and shrugged it off.

"Alright, come on..." She brushed the worry off and reached to open the door.

...

"So Katarina is in the kingdom of Wintergreen." Alan huffed, "She'll be fine since she got help."

"She will be fine but we have to find a way to get her back soon," Maria said.

"I must ask my father for permission to use one of the ships to send a letter to the kingdom of Wintergreen now." Gerald stood up fixing his sleeves a bit.

"How far is Wintergreen from Sorcier?" Mary asked.

"Just a ship far," Alan answered.

Mary looked at him a little dumbfounded, "How far by ship?"

Alan thought it over.

"About a month far if you consider the bad weather in open seas then maybe two more." He said.

So they won't be allowed to go there on their own, huh...

But they should somehow find a way to communicate with the other side.

"A spar?"

Everyone paused in their conversation upon hearing y/n's voice come from the device.