14: Lingo

"You know Japanese..!?"

"Eh? Of course, I do! Wait a second are you from..!"

Y/n stared with a shocked look.

"So I wasn't the only one who was reincarnated... You were also reincarnated too..?"

"I think so, I did die from some accident..." Katarina muttered the last bits.

Y/n stared at her.

"Wait, are you really from Japan just like me??" She asked from suspicion.

"Yes, I am!" Katarina nodded.

"If you're saying the truth, say I'm cute for me to believe your words!" Y/n was just teasing her here with a smile.

"I'm cute!" Katarina sparked it, maybe if she was in some anime there'd be a small star that'd shimmer in the side of her face looking proud.

"Pffshht--!" Y/n held back her laughter with a gloved hand covering her mouth.

Katarina blinked, odd, a beat skipped her heart for a moment there.

Suddenly a loud ring came, it must be the academy bell.

"Ah, we need to hurry to the academy." Y/n shot up realizing the time.

"Do you mind if we take a shortcut?" She asked.

"There's a shortcut?" Katarina asked.

"Ah, well, it's kind of my type of shortcut since my element is earth." Y/n chided.

Katarina didn't mind the shortcut.

"Then, don't mind me, please."

"Woah!!"

Y/n scooped up Katarina and was running.

Maybe we can rephrase that by saying she's parkouring.

She was running across rooftops, tall and short, she was headed only for the academy.

Then someone joined with them.

"Yo!! Y/n!"

Y/n glanced to her side to see one of her academy friends.

She smiled.

"Good morning, Lady Alexandra." She greeted.

"Drop the Lady, y/n! You know you can call me whatever because we're friends!" Alexandra laughed as she jumped across roof after roof alongside y/n.

Y/n chuckled before introducing Katarina.

"Hello, Katarina! It's nice to meet you." Alexandra put on a wide smile for her, "Although we three are running late, especially since you're the exchange student too! I hope we'll become good friends!"

Katarina smiled back, "Of course, Lady Alexandra!"

Alexandra let out a loud groan.

"Drop the Lady!! Just call me Alexandra instead!" She insisted.

"Heh?? Uhh, sure." Katarina meekly laughed.

'How come Katarina still calls me with the Lady in it..?' Y/n somehow felt jelly? "Don't, Lady Katarina, it's best you call her Lady Alexandra than just Alexandra."

"Oh, c'mon, y/n!!" Alexandra laughed as she and y/n landed on both feet after they jumped over the academy's tall walls.

Y/n helped Katarina back on her feet.

The road was snowed in again.

"Let's go to our classes now," Alexandra chided.

"You can go on ahead, I'm going to the principal's office with Lady Katarina to get her accustomed to the academy's schedule." Y/n brushed her off.

"Heh!?? Then I want to come too!" Alexandra insisted.

Y/n pulled her arm off of her hold, she was gonna cling to her so she'd agree.

"Nope," she still denied, "Now go and get lost, will you?"

"Boohoo!!" Alexandra laughed rushing off.