24: Juncture

"I think time runs differently from both kingdoms." Gerald pondered.

The device just had been charged and Alan was holding it, he was in the middle of the group.

"Where is Lady Katarina..?" Mary frowned a little not seeing her.

"Depending on how the light is on in the room, it must be nighttime there?" Keith theorized.

This is where Katarina and y/n are at the moment.

...

In the waiting room with Kyle.

Kyle wanted to talk with y/n's parents first about Katarina.

But Katarina was with Lucas eating dinner talking though.

Y/n was hoping to be joining dinner with Katarina though but Kyle was insisting so she couldn't decline.

When her parents went inside, Kyle got to the topic fast.

"I only came to say, if your daughter falls in love with someone else. I won't hold her back and let her go." He said.

"What!?" Her parents were baffled you see.

Cale didn't know what he was talking about and Adeline did not want to believe it at first here.

"What?" Kyle looked at both of them for a moment.

"Our daughter..?" Cale wasn't sure what he meant.

"Oh! Right, uhm..." Kyle needed to explain it better, "Your daughter Lady y/n likes Lady Katarina."

"What!??"

Adeline didn't mind having y/n and Katarina... Y'know.

As for Cale, this was still a lot to process at the moment.

...

"Could they be... Having dinner at the moment?" Sophia wondered.

"They could, should we wait then?" Maria asked.

Wasn't a bad idea, they could have some tea and biscuits while waiting for now.

...

"Uhm, Lady Katarina..."

Katarina looked up with a smile to Lucas.

Lucas was done with his dinner.

The question was simple and he just needed to ask it quickly, "Do you like my sister?"

"Hm? Of course, I do!" Katarina smiled.

Lucas meekly chuckled hearing that, "What I meant is... Uhm... Do you perhaps have some romantic feelings towards her?"

Katarina paused. She didn't understand what he was trying to say.

Lucas fiddled with his hands on the table.

"Y-Y'know, my sister somehow has fallen in love with you and it's obvious even if she doesn't realize it first before you!" He said, "So do you perchance have romantic feelings for her?"

Katarina hummed, "Heh... Maybe if I were a man I might've wondered if she had a fiance or not!"

She was joking with that.

But Lucas could tell she does have some romantic feelings she was oblivious to.

"So do you?" He asked with a curious smile.

"Eh?? Uhh, well... I've never heard of two girls falling in love before so..." Katarina wasn't sure how to respond.

Lucas realized another thing this time too, Sorcier must not have such a thing in real life but only in books?

"Here in Wintergreen women and men can love a person of the same gender." He chided, that was just a little ruse to get her to answer more honestly here actually.

But hey, there are some women and men in Wintergreen who fell in love with the same sex though.