25

"Y-Yeah..." Y/n's shoulders sunk looking down with a frown.

Her parents had wide eyes seeing this.

"Then... I wouldn't mind, she is a noble so it's fine, if she had been a commoner it'd been hard to accept since you'd get criticism from it." Cale said after clearing his throat aloud to get their attention.

Y/n raised her brows in surprise.

"Really..?" She asked.

"Of course, and honestly, I think she's a better candidate than Lord Kyle..." Adeline said, whispering the last bits aloud.

"Dear..!?"

"Duchess L/n..!?"

"M-Mother..!"

Adeline chuckled brushing it off as a light joke.

"But if you do love her, I am serious with saying I'd annul our engagement." Kyle sighed.

"Works for me!" Y/n was happy to hear that? Oh, wow.

Kyle snickered laughing a bit seeing this, looks like they are just friends, they can't go higher than friends, huh... This is Wintergreen after all y'know.

...

Lucas slammed his head on the table right after Katarina had left the room to look for y/n.

What the hell was he thinking..!? What was he even trying to dig out by asking Katarina those questions..??

Either way, it somehow didn't prove anything for him. He can't tell what Katarina feels for his sister and if his sister will take it lightly or not if she were to get rejected.

His sister wasn't someone who gets's in love like this, hell, I don't even think y/n ever fell in love with anyone other than this outsider, Katarina Claes.

Was there something special enough to make y/n go head over heels like this? Or is y/n just oddly curious and tries to figure how this will all go for her?

A sigh left his lips.

"What are you even thinking of trying to do, Lucas l/n..?" He chuckled in such a melancholic tone in his chair.

...

"Oh!"

Y/n was surprised when Katarina appeared right around the corner.

"Katarina..!?" She was surprised, "W-What brings you here?"

Katarina stared at her complexion, y/n seemed a little red in the face.

"I was just looking for you, y/n..." Katarina said, "Are you alright? Your face is a little red."

Y/n laughed it off for her to ignore.

"I... I'm quite fine, thank you for asking." She put on a meek smile over her shaking knees, how badly she wanted to just curl up there. She's never felt this wave of emotion before, it's so knee-weakening and stomach-churning with butterflies, it's almost unbearable if she hadn't been reincarnated with a cold heart here.

This cold heart was suddenly melting though.

"Why don't I lead you to your room?" Y/n blurted that out without reason, "Ah! Sorry, I meant my room... The head maid went down with a strong cold and my maid is in charge at the moment... Although, she's busy trying to help the others about a meat problem."

Katarina smiled brushing other questions in her mind away.

"Alright! But I'm not that tired though." She said.

"Then..." Y/n's heart felt heavy for some reason.

"Would you like to go out for a walk with me around a little?"

"Eh? Oh, sure..."