11: Charlatan

"You're cheating on me!!"

"N-No... I'm not..."

"Yes, you are!"

"Ah..? T-This is..."

"If this woman really loves you I'd give you to her but if she doesn't then I hate her!!!"

"Kyle, please calm down..."

Lucas had to try and pry his friend out of the room.

It was too early for a fight to break out. Well, y/n wasn't trying to fight him, she was just too engrossed with sleep to even understand why he was mad at her.

Kyle was cute alright, he fell in love at first sight with y/n who was just sitting playing with the snow outside.

Nothing too shocking.

Katarina awoke halfway after Lucas was able to drag Kyle out of the room and shut the door.

Y/n was sweating bullets sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Lady y/n..?"

Y/n shot up, right, Katarina was still here. Did she wake up right when Kyle opened the door and yelled around a little?

"Ah, Lady Kata..." A hiccup got caught in her throat, "Rina...."

Odd, there was a weird skipping on some beats of her heart.

Katarina looked good with her pajama shirt.

Wait! Snap out of it!

Y/n hit herself across the face with a slap.

"Lady y/n!??" Katarina was caught in surprise because of that.

"Are you ok!??" She asked in a fumble trying to pull the blanket off of her.

Y/n had slapped herself across the face hard for a bruise to form in her lower lip.

"Y-Yes..." Y/n tried to keep her eyes away from her direction, more specifically, her head was faced to Katarina but her eyes were just busy looking elsewhere instead.

"But you just hit yourself!" Katarina said.

"Oh, uhh..." Y/n was sweating behind her back, "I felt a bug on my face so I tried hitting it..."

"Eh??" Katarina wasn't sure about that, but it seemed believable enough for her to take.

"L-let's get Abby to prepare you for school." Y/n tried to change the subject after she stood up rushing out of the room.

"Eh?? School??? Lady y/n!??"

...

Abby explained everything to Katarina.

"I'll get kicked out of this kingdom if I don't have a valid reason staying here..?" Katarina said.

"Yes... Even if you were in an accident where you have washed ashore here, it's not a good excuse to use..." Abby sighed.

Katarina nodded, so y/n thought that since the true exchange student from Sorcier isn't here, she could take her place for a while and use it as an elaborate excuse until she's able to leave.

"Ok..." She hummed.

"Ah, but don't worry, Lady Katarina. My Lady y/n will give you the other extra uniforms she has." Abby smiled.

Reassuring, Wintergreen's magic academy expects little from the students there but expects them to at least wear their uniforms.

Most girls there wear skirts but some are allowed to wear pants if they're not that keen on the weather. Men wore jackets, slightly puffy on the hood to keep them from feeling too cold. And both genders wear gloves that they can take off anytime they want.