Chapter 16~ Safe

A/n- I have studied some things in order to write this chapter. If you think I have written wrong, please excuse me for it.

And to make it clear Taehyung was 4 months pregnant so the fetus has started showing a bit.

This whole chapter will be in third person POV.

*************

Jungkook was now driving at full speed, not caring about his surroundings nor his own wounds

Jungkook was now driving at full speed, not caring about his surroundings nor his own wounds. He just wanted his Taehyung to be safe. Their child to be safe. He kept his eye on taehyung alternately while driving to check if he's okay.

"A few more minutes bub, we'll be reaching in a short while okay? Keep breathing for me love, for our little sunflower too" Jungkook let out, controlling his sobs.

Taehyung was having a hard time to breath. His breath hitched whenever he tried to recall what had happened a few hours ago. His little unborn baby might have suffered so much.

'the baby should be safe' with this thought in their mind both of them rushed to the hospital not loosing their hope.

At the hospital....

Jungkook rushed inside the hospital with Taehyung in his hands, carrying him bridal style.

"Call the gynaecologist dr. Kim Seok Jin please!" Jungkook shouted at the nurse.

"Baby please we are there okay, keep breathing?" Jungkook let out.

The nurses made Taehyung lay down on the strecher and made there way to the operation theatre.

Taehyung was now breathing heavily. He opened his eyes a little to see his surroundings only to see white lights. He soon let his eyes close and met with darkness.

In the operation room...

Taehyung was given general anesthesia to make the process easier for Jin.

The doctor immediately did the abdominal examination which revealed a bullet entry wound in the abdomen, 1 cm in diameter.
He then suggested to do the abdominal penetrance with preoperative transabdominal
ultrasonography through the screen.

"It's a placental injury, no injuries are found in the internal organs as well as the fetus so we can proceed with laparotomy right now." Jin let out after checking the vitals.

"Hand me the scalpel" Jin let out and continued giving commands to his assistants and carried the operation successfully.

After some time ....

"Please check his vitals and put him on oxygen for some time. The general anesthesia might wear off after some hours so it will be easy for him to communicate. Clean the wound with an antiseptic and then spread the tincture of iodine on it aswell. We'll keep him under observation for some time. Write all these things in the report and submit in the office till then I'll go and tell mr. Jeon" Seok Jin said and went out.

Jungkook was now sitting in waiting area, continuously praying for his love and baby to be safe. He let out his now uncontrollable silent sobs, blaming himself for this. He ran his fingers through his hair and jerked them tightly when he thought of something. He immediately dialled the no of a person and started talking.

On call.....

"Hello, Hyung?" Jungkook shakily let out.

"Yes Jungkook. Why are you calling me at this time? Is everything okay?" Yoongi said worried.

"Hyung, I can't. I just can't continue with this pathetic job. Its making my life miserable day by day. It's effecting everything near me. I can't handle anything now. My family needs me, my husband needs me, my baby needs me. So hyung I have come to this decision that I, Jeon Jungkook, leader of the Mafia group is now leaving it for good and assigning the role to Mr. Min Yoongi. I don't care about what you say. I WILL NOT RISK THE LIVES OF MY LOVED ONES FOR THIS BLOODY THING." Jungkook said sternly.

"Jungkook, you know that this is a big decision right? It's fine that you are doing this but give it a thought again. You have put your entire life in this kook." Yoongi said.

"I don't care hyung. It was all in the past now. I have to become a responsible man for my family. I need to get out of this dark world." Jungkook replied

"It's your choice kid, I'm more than willing to take over. You have been a great boss you know. And congrats on becoming a father. You might aswell need to give a party to us soon" Yoongi chuckled a bit.

"Sure hyung, I'll call you again hyung, need to go." Jungkook said and cut the call.

Jungkook saw the doctor approaching him. His breath fastened, his heart beating out of his chest with fear.

"Mr. Jeon, first of all, the patient and the baby both are out of danger. The bullet has been easily removed and there were no internal damages to the fetus. It's a lucky case I'll say." Jin chuckled.

"Thank you so much doctor, it's a relief to know this. Can I see him now?" Jungkook replied with tears brimming in his eyes.

"Not now as the patient isn't awake. Let him rest for some time, he fought a lot today" Jin smiled and went away.

Jungkook was now really happy. His decision would turn out good right?
'I love you both' he said to himself and sat down again, waiting to visit his love.

To be continued.....

A/n- hey guys! Sorry for the delay. I hope you like this chapter. I'll give a double update most probably tomorrow so be prepared!
Do vote and comment!
Love you!💜

I'll go now, byeee!