Chapter 4- New friends?

. . .

M/n POV

I've been going to school for a week or two now and so far it's been boring as hell. I don't know why past me thought it was such a good idea to go to school so soon anyway. Theres been nothing going on, no drama, no nothing. I wish I had gone to Tarzans and Chifufus school, i bet it would've been so much more entertaining. But, of course my dumbass didnt pick the school closest to my apartment. But I guess having an uneventful life is better than one where you're constantly getting into all sorts of shit.

Its 4th period and I can not wait for lunch. We're currently in maths, I wont say I enjoy it but it's not that bad. It's better when you understand the work so I feel for the ones who don't. I've already done all the work that's been set for now and am growing bored of waiting for the rest of the 20 minutes we had to complete it to be up. I can see the girl next to me has finished too.

'I guess were the only ones finished.'

Unfortunately for me, I must have been looking at her for too long as she turned to me and began to speak.

"Are you stuck on the work? Do you need help?"

I was taken back by this. I didnt need help but I didnt know what to say without being rude. I know who this girl is considering how popular she is, but shes a nice popular girl, a rare occurrence. I dont know why half the people are popular if most the people in the school hates them. However, I knew why this girl was popular, she was kind, smart and pretty. Well, from what I had heard anyway.

No-ones POV

M/n sat there for a while just staring at the girl with his sleepy eyes, he was completely spaced out.

"Um- hello?" The girl spoke up, her pink eyes had a look of concern.

"Sorry." He said before turning back around.

"W-wait, do you need help?"

"No, I've finished." He said still looking ahead.

"Oh I see..."

"I just noticed you had too and then I got lost in thought, sorry if I had bothered you."

The girl was caught of guard by his second apology. She decided to speak up to keep them both from being bored as they still had around 10 minutes left until the next set of work was given to
them.

"No its fine no need to worry yourself." She smiled. "My names Tachibana Hinata, you can just call me Hina.

The boy finally turned back around to face the girl.

"L/n M/n you can call me M/n since you seem nice."

"Alright then M/n. How about you eat with me at lunch."

"Eh?" This puzzled M/n.

"I've seen you around a bit at school but you're always alone so I thought you might have wanted someone to eat with, plus you'renew so I want you to have a good experience at our school."

'Saying it like that makes me seem like a complete loner...'

"Alright then... but you're popular aren't you dont you have someone else to eat with."