Chapter 20: Rust

. . .

It had been a long night for most, first the ambush at the festival, the brawl and then the h/c haired boy getting hospitalised.

The four closest to him of the Toman gang hadn't wasted a second and sped off to the hospital as soon as they could, Draken followed shortly after, then the others.

They needed to know their friend was okay. He may be irritating at times, call people stupid nicknames and way too cocky for his own good at times but he was also a great and funny person to be around. Someone like that couldn't just leave.

They were all angry, angry because pf what happened to him but the vice-captain was angry for another reason too. It frustrated him that the teen had obviously protected him, acting as a secret bodyguard.

It wasn't hard to spot, he had been targeting anyone who tried to come near the beanstalk. Not only that but he had known something was up. He had to. He had known but he didn't tell him. He only mentioned it when he had already been stabbed.

As they waited in the hospital, they could only hope. The 'surgery in progress' sign had been on for what felt like years and there was yet to be any update from a doctor.

"We've been here for ages, when's the idiot gonna be fine?" It was Baji, he was irritated, rightfully so.

"You've just gotta be patient Baji-San." The blonde sighed.

As if it was planned, the sign switched off and the doors opened. Everyone stood up anticipating his response.

"Though it was close, your friend will be fine." He stated calmly.

They were about to rush in but were stopped by the doctor. "No more than 2 visitors at a time."

Eyes met, like having a telepathic discussion. It ended in them all in his room at the same time. They tried to follow the rules, they really did but their delinquents so who cares.

That's how they all ended sitting in the room with his hospital bed, a few around where the unconscious man lay. At the moment the girl trio was at his bed.

At the moment they were playing Uno and were using his chest as a makeshift table. And ok, some of you might be thinking, 'aint he on the verge of death or smth why are they playing Uno on him?' And I'll give the reason, drum roll please...

They got bored.

I mean they talked to him for a while - y'know the usual, 'please wake up, hey if you dont wake up I'm gonna beat your ass, I'm sorry, I should have done something, you idiot, blah blah blah.

Guess who said what.

Emma had currently been plus 8'd by Hina who stacked a plus four of Suzuki's plus 2 who stacked her plus 2 on Emma's. It had gone full circle and decided to stab her in the back. Maybe 'stab' is the best wording choice- hit her in the back. Well that's not great either considering there was just a massive fight but whatever.

The blonde was defeated, she couldn't do anything. Or could she...? A mischievous smirk crawled up her face as she calmly pick up a card from her deck, reading it quietly in a relaxed manor. "Uno..."

It was another plus four which stacked on the previous to make a grand total of plus 12, a nightmare situation for all Uno players.