92

Katsuki

Where are you?

Downtown Musutafu.

And Shigaraki?

I left him. He's too far gone.

What's your plan? What do you need?

You're not gonna like it.

When do I ever? Where do I meet you?

You don't.

The hell? You better not be doing something stupid.

When do I ever?

Don't try to make me laugh right now, dumbass!

Erase your conversation with me.
Make sure there's no trace of it.

Y/n.
What are you doing in Musutafu?
The place is flooded with cops right now.

I know.

...

I'm not leaving you. And if I have a choice
after this is over, I'll spend the rest of my
life
with you.

Stop talking like this. What the hell are
you doing!?

What I think is right.
That's all I can do.
I owe it to you and to everyone I wronged.
And I owe it to Atomic.

Headset.

I love you, Katsuki.
I'm sorry for not saying it enough.

***

It rained so much since you left UA. Whether God was crying of laughter or sorrow, you never truly felt it. The drops and their cold, harsh nature only grazed your skin in dull fashion. The grey world numbed you to the rain.

The concrete road felt rough underfoot. Your shoes had trudged through the mud, trailed skyscrapers and deserts alike. They were as torn up as your soles.

With your head downcast, gaze following the easy yellow lines, you listened to the rain. Listened to the honking cars on neighboring streets, the city's bustles, even the sirens in the distance.

You feel sad. Atomic said.

You nodded.

I am.

Tenko felt sad too.

Tenko's dead. The more you said it, the easier it was to accept. Tomura's sadness won't last. He has bigger things on his mind.

Your steps set a rhythm of friction atop the asphalt. With each beat, your body came closer and closer to the flashing red and blue lights just beyond the fog.

Atomic's strength did not falter, yet he'd never felt more vulnerable. He was a child, legs wrapped around your waist, arms, resting on your shoulders, his weight carried on your back.

What are we doing, y/n? He asked.

We're facing the truth. You said. You and I lived in fear for a long time. Of being alone. Of each other.