Chapter 9

A bit of a longer one this time! About 2k words. Enjoy! Thank you to @1myusername2 for the kind words that motivated me to get this out. To be honest, I would've had it done yesterday but I completely forgot about the combat training haha.

[3:16pm]
It will take longer than 3 weeks to
acquire, whether you attempt to
go after it yourself.

Sasuke scowls but relents. He figured it would take longer than 3 weeks, considering that 1 and a half weeks have already past since he first allowed the League to help him.

[3:17pm]

Approximate time frame?

[3:17pm]
4 months.

[3:18pm]

I'll give you 3.

It's generous, Sasuke knows it is, but he doesn't really have much of a choice in the matter. Killing all of them wouldn't benefit him, he'd just be back to square one. He'll use them for information and resources for as long as he needs but eventually he might have to find another plan. It's not like there are very many options for backup plans in his situation, though.

Instead of returning to the Suzuki residence, Sasuke decides to make use of the school's library.

The library is a separate building from the main one, but it isn't far. He's momentarily taken aback by the sheer size of the library. The building is huge. He's still adjusting to buildings being that size. The buildings in Ame were more tall rather than wide. This building is blocky and divided into two parts, one elevated and held up by circular pillars and the other connected to the ground.

He enters the building, carefully avoiding the influx of people going in and out.

When he's in the library, he isn't entirely sure where to start.

In the end, he decides that he'll just wander around and read whatever interested him.

~~~

"The library is closing now, you can come back at 6am tomorrow." A man tells him.

Sasuke nods silently and stretches. He was just about finished with the books he'd picked out anyway.

It's weird, having access to information. The Leaf Village wasn't really big on free speech or readily available knowledge that hadn't been doctored. Neither were any of the other villages, for that matter.

Sasuke leaves the library feeling a weird sensation he doesn't know how to identify. It's odd how there was so much he was missing.

He turns a corner and finds a child being cornered by people twice his size.

Some things stay the same wherever you go, Sasuke thinks.

~~~

fake tobi

[12:30am]
We'll be... visiting your school
tomorrow.

Sasuke wonders why they bothered telling him at all. What did they think he thought they did with the information he gave them? To be frank, it wasn't like they really needed to break into the school for information, but he supposed dramatic effect was very important to villains of this world.

[12:49am]

Congratulations.