PROLOGUE

▲▼▲

        PROLOGUE

        WHEN THE TRAIN STOPPED, SO DID MY heart.

        The sound of the wheels screeching hurt my ears, and then when the train came to a stop, I had stumbled forward from how sudden it was. I had bumped into Niall and I immediately apologised, my cheeks burning a scarlet red.

        First, why the hell was Management forcing us to catch a train to Glasgow for a concert? Their excuse was to 'surprise the fans', but I think the real reason is because we sort of make a lot of noise while on the plane, and people always complain. They could have had us to go on the tour bus, but they always have excuses.

        I don't even know why we are doing a surprise show for the fans. Don't get me wrong, I am really excited, but it was even a surprise for us, since Management only told us the day before we had to be on the train.

        And to make things worse, I had made the dumb decision to room with Niall. Actually, Louis forced us to share, but I couldn't have said no. If I did it would have hurt Niall's feelings, and hurting Niall is like kicking a kitten in the face.

        "You two can share and I'll share with Liam, so Zayn can have his own room for once." Louis had said as he pushed Niall and I into a room.

        I went to protest, saying that Zayn always gets his own room, but he had already slammed the door on my face. When I turned around, Niall was already laying on the only double bed with no shirt on. I gulped and slid down the door.

        I swear that Niall had done that on purpose. It's like he knows about my small - mega - crush on him, so he purposely flants his sexy body and good looks around. It's as if he is trying to say, "Look at me, Haz! I'm so hot, but you can't have me because I'm straight and you're a stupid gay boy."

        I am certain Niall is straight. If you were to draw a line with a ruler, the line would still be more bent then him.

        And then when Paul told us to stay in our rooms until they figured out what the problem with the stopped train, my lungs stopped working.

        Ok, not literally, but I felt slightly dizzy. It was a good thing that I was sitting down.

        "Looks like we're gonna be here a while, Hazza." Niall had said with a small smirk on his face. "Better make the most of it."

        I wasn't sure if I could take. Actually, I'm still not sure I can take it.

        Niall is too much for me to handle. With every little thing he does, he makes me want to jump him.

        He could have his face stuffed with food and clothes covering every inch of his body and I would still want to jump him, because he's just that perfect.

        He's too much.

        His bright blue eyes always have stories behind them. They shine so bright that if you look properly, you can just see them at night time. That's how I always know where Niall is whenever I'm looking for him in the dark; his blue eyes.

        No matter what, I can never get sick of listening to him talk. I would watch him closely as his facial expressions would change, depending on what part of the story that he is telling. Sometimes, if I listened close enough, I could faintly hear the tiny popping sound his lips make when he opens his mouth. It may sound creepy, but I don't care.

        I sometimes wouldn't even listen to the story he is telling. I would just watch his lips move and his eyes sparkle as he explains every detail of an event that happened in his life. You would think that since we are best mates, then we would know everything about each other, that we would know about every event that has happened in each others lives, but no. There is always something new to learn about Niall.

        And when he is telling a happy story, there is the biggest smile across his face. Whenever Niall is meeting fans or laughing, his lips are pulled back so wide and his eyes are slightly squinted.

        Niall absolutely loves to laugh, and I love to listen to Niall laugh. Whenever he laughs, the rest of us can't help but join in with him, because his laugh is just that contagious. It's kind of like a disease; if it happens to one person, then the disease can spread and many people will get it. Sure, that's not an exact explanation of his laugh, but it's kind of the same thing.

        As cruel as it sounds, I love that Niall is so insecure. It gives me a reason to tell him he's beautiful. The other lads and the fans always tell him that he is beautiful, but he doesn't hear in between the words whenever I say it. He doesn't hear me slowly begging him to hear me properly when I compliment him.

        But the way Niall takes the compliments makes my heart absolutely melt. No matter how many compliments he gets, no matter how many times people call him beautiful or talented or cute or anything, he still toothily smiles as his face turns tomato red. You would think that he would have gotten used to the millions of compliments he gets everyday, but nope, he still blushes and giggles.

        And then there is his voice. His voice is like a choir of Angels singing together. He knows how to do a melody, a harmony, and since his voice has improved, he has been able to hit stronger and higher notes. He has always had a beautiful voice.

        And his touch is so loving. He could never hurt anyone. He has the softest touch when he wants cuddles, and he has the best hugs ever. When he is jokingly flirting with me, his touch is rough as he would smack my ass or pin me under him.

        Truth be told, Niall is a lot stronger than he seems. Even though he needs a lot more protection than the rest of us, he is still very strong.

        And then his touch is firm and strong as he would cling to my body for a piggy back ride. When his lips are put to my cheek for the quickest second, the touch is the softest of all. It's as if he is scared I will murder him if he presses his lips for longer or harder, so it's the always the smallest peck ever.

        There is so much more about Niall that makes my heart beat a billion miles a minute and lets the fireworks erupt in my stomach, and that's what makes him too much for me. If only he knew how much he actually means to me though.

        And now I am stuck in a small room with only a double bed, bathroom and bedside tables with the guy I have definitely fallen for.

        Let's see how this turns out for me, shall we?

▲▼▲

        a.n.

        Narry picture on the side!

        This is dedicated to TheWayYouLookTonight because her story, The Boat, is the inspiration for this story. I got this whole idea from her amazing Narry fan fiction, but I have definitely made sure that I have changed it to make it my own.

        Thank you to TheWayYouLookTonight for The Boat. It's incredible and if you haven't already read it then go do that now!

        Ok, enough from me.