Chapter Thirteen

Thank you for waiting so patiently for this chapter! :) x.

* * * * *

"Niall?" A familiar Cheshire accent sounds in my ears. I angle my head so I can see Harry standing in the doorway.

His eyes are red and puffy. His shirt is twisted and his curls have been ruffled a little too much. It's evident that he is hurt and has been crying, and it's all my fault.

I should have just kissed him. But for some reason, I couldn't. I didn't want the lads to think that there is something between Harry and I, because there isn't. He doesn't like me like that. He clearly likes Louis.

Just two weeks or so ago, I had zero feelings for Harry. I didn't think for one second that I was gay or had any feelings for not only a guy, but my best mate. It's so confusing to me, and it kind of frustrates me as well because I know Harry is just trying to get rid of his sexual tension, so he is using me for it.

And that's what upsets me most. He is just using me because he knows he can't have Louis. He doesn't think about my feelings for one second. This is unfair to me and he doesn't even see it.

"Leave me alone." I spit, suprising myself with the tone of my voice. I allow my arms to fold over my chest and my hands to tuck under my armpits as I lift my chin and turn from Harry.

"What's wrong with you?" Harry questions. I hear the door close and shuffling across the floor until I can once again see Harry in front of me; he walked around the bed to be in my view. "You have never acted like this before."

I cross my legs. "Well, maybe I have changed."

"Within two hours? Yeah, I don't think so." He comments as he crawls onto the end of the bed. "Why didn't you want to kiss me?"

"Because I'm tired of you using me!" I blurt before I can stop myself.

Harry sits up and furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about you using me to relieve your sexual frustration!"

Harry hesitates, but ends up saying, "I'm not using you to relieve sexual frustration."

"Yes, you are!" I shout in aggrevation. "You're using me because you know you can't have Louis. You're in love with Louis, Harry."

Harry doesn't get angry and start yelling. He doesn't start crying or blaming me for everything. No, he doesn't do any of that. Instead, he throws his back and lets a loud laugh escape his lips. I tilt my head slightly to the side in confusion. Why is he laughing at me? This is no laughing matter.

"Y-you think... I have a c-crush on... on Louis?" Harry asks between laughter.

"Stop laughing." I demand. "It's so obvious you like him. You two do everything together and you smile at him like he is the most important person in your life."

"He's my best friend, Ni." Harry argues.

"Yeah, but it's obvious you want to be more than friends with him. And it actually hurts me."

"Why would it hurt you?"

"Because I like you!" I shout.

The room falls silent. It's so silent that you can hear the soft patter of the rain hitting against the window. Harry's eyes have widened and he is looking at me in confusion. Why is he looking at me like that? Did I say something wrong?

Oh, crap. I just told him I like him. Now he's going to scrunch his nose in disgust and tell him how much he doesn't like me, and then maybe he'll finally confess that he likes Louis and was only using me to get over him.