Chapter Seventeen

*3 weeks later - March 13th*

"Niall, hurry! We have to get to the arena!" Zayn calls as he bangs on my hotel room door.

"Coming!" I call back for the umpteenth time as I slide my phone in my back pocket and meet Zayn in the hallway. "You always rush me."

"That's because you're always late." Zayn retorts with a smirk.

"Are you two ladies finished?" I hear Louis call from the end of the hallway. He is with Liam and Harry, who is too busy on his phone.

"Yes... Wait, we're not ladies." I say before adding, "Well, Zayn is."

Louis chuckles. We finally head down to the lobby and meet with Paul to get into the van.

"Niall took forever again?" Paul questions with a raise of his eyebrows. "What are we ever going to do with you, Niall?"

I shrug. "I don't know. Sell me to an old fortune teller? Use your magical Paul-powers to make me a cartoon? Oh, I know! You could make me join the circus as a tightrope walker!"

"Yeah, that's it." Zayn mumbles sarcastically.

We get into the van, me in the middle of Louis and Zayn, while Harry and Liam sit at the back. Paul sits across from me while Ricky drives. Harry goes back to playing his phone, and I sigh.

He said we were going to have break, but it's been three weeks now and he doesn't talk to me unless he competely has to. He said I had to sort my feelings out, so how come it hurts so bad to be losing him?

"Niall, you ok?" Zayn asks from my right, slinging an arm around me.

Suddenly all eyes are on me. I wish they weren't so protective over me sometimes. It's like everytime I look upset, they all are suddenly protective and concerned. Well, I guess they just care a lot.

"Yeah." I mumble, dropping my head to watch myself fiddle with my fingers. I can sense Liam looking at the back of my head sympathetically, but I ignore it. 

* * * * *

"Niall, what's going on?" Zayn asks as he follows me into the dressing room, closing the door behind us.

"It's nothing, Z." I turn to face him. Liam, Louis and Harry are already in here, but now their eyes are, once again, fixated on me. "Don't you worry your pretty little head."

Harry looks upset and jealous by what I say. Ah crap, I'm an idiot. Why would I say that? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"If you're sure..." Zayn trails off, although he still sound unsure.

"I am."

He nods and sits on the sofa while we wait to leave. I sit on the floor, not really wanting to sit next to Harry, since that is the only space left.

I don't know why we're acting like this off stage, because on stage, Harry and I seem like we're flirting and he acts like nothing's wrong. I guess that's what it is though - acting.

I guess you could say I have fallen a little in love with Harry over the time of us dating and then the last three weeks without him. I don't even know if we are still in a relationship anymore, but I need him back. Being without him has made me realised just how much I like him. He needs to know that now, but I don't know how to tell him. "Hey, Harry, I love you." That won't work; he won't believe me.

"Can we just go back to the hotel please?" I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "'M tired."

Liam shrugs and nods. We collect our stuff to head back.

* * * * *

"Ok, now I know something's up." Zayn says, following me into my hotel room against my will. Josh is sharing a room with me, so he also enters with us.

I groan in frustration. "Let it go, Zayn." I tell him as I drop my bag and jacket onto the bed. "I'm fine."

"What happened between you and Harry?" He suddenly asks. I don't turn around to face him though. "One minute you guys were all lovey dovey and in a relationship, and the next you were avoiding each other a-"

"Woah, rewind." Josh interrupts as he closes the door. "You and Harry are dating?"

I roll my eyes and finally turn to face them. I feel like flipping them off for invading my personal life, but they're my best friends. They deserve an explanation.

So instead, I sigh and drop my gaze to the floor. What a nice shade of blue for carpet. "We were, but I don't know anymore."

"Yeah, what happened?" Zayn questions.

I explain the fight to him. How Harry wanted to come out, but I accidentally made it sound like I didn't want to come out as his boyfriend. Well, technically I didn't accidentally say it, because I really didn't want to come out... yet. But of course, Harry had taken it the wrong way and completely flipped me off.

"Aw, Nialler." Zayn frowns as he wraps his arms around me. "I'm sorry."

"Forget it." I reply.

"Forget it? No way. You have to go get him." 

"He's right. You love him." Josh agrees.

I roll my eyes and sit at the end of the bed. My chest feels like it is going to concave any minute now, and it feels like my claustrophobia is going to act up, even though my room is huge. "I don't love him. I like him."

"You love him." Josh argues.

"Like."

"Love."

"Like."

"Love."

"Like."

"Love."

"Ok, maybe a little!" I shout, giving up. "It doesn't matter anymore. He's probably moving on."

~Harry's POV~

"He doesn't love me, Liam!" I shout at the chocolate haired boy in the living room of my hotel room. "Just give it up!"

"Harry, you're being unreasonable." He argues back calmly. "Of course he loves you."

I growl under my breath and take a seat on the sofa. "Forget it, Liam. I don't want to talk about this anymore."

He refuses to let the case go, however, and he crouches in front of me. "Harry, have you not seen the way he looks at you? You don't even realise how much he likes you."

"Of course I don't because he doesn't show any affection towards me." I growl at him. "Let it be."

"I can't let it be because two of my best friends are hurting because they think that the other one does love them back!" He finally sets for shouting. "You're not listening to me! Niall loves you."

"I'm going to bed." I say, ignoring him. I get up off the sofa and enter the bedroom, hearing Liam sigh right before I slam the door shut.

I push back my covers and take my shoes off, sliding in after. The thick blankets encase me in their comfort. My body feels tired, but after laying in bed for a long half hour, I come to the conclusion that I won't be having a normal sleeping pattern tonight.

* * * * *

Author's Note:

Just quickly threw this together. THE NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST CHAPTER! I have a surprise in store. Well, sort of. I don't know if you'll expect it or whatever. Anyway, what do you think will happen? Hm? Tell me.

Some of you have stopped commenting, and it's honestly making me lose hope. :( I miss all your wondeful comments! Anywho, who is your favourite member of 1D? (Yes, you can have a fave, just not a least fave). I'm a Niall girl (but I'm sure you've figured that out lol).

Love you, chicas!

- l e t i c i a -

VOTE ~ COMMENT ~ FAN