Chapter 13

Forrest repeated, "I'm her boyfriend." and the DM became angry and threw a punch at Forrest. Forrest got out of the way of it and the DM fell to the ground, crying in a rage over Delphi having a boyfriend and he got up and kept attacking Forrest, which failed multiple times and he was embarrassed with Delphi watching him fail miserably. Forrest asked if he was done and he declined, "Delphi should be MINE! Not yours!" The DM said.

Forrest was annoyed by this and suddenly Judo flipped him, making the DM more upset and making Delphi worry over the DM's safety. "How do you know how to do that?" he asked. "I was trained by my mother since birth, every day and night I trained in all forms of martial arts." Forrest replied, "She would discipline me in ways people would see as abuse, but to me, it taught me to be the person I am today." Forrest then took Delphi and left.

As they were leaving, Penny gave them a candy bag, apologizing for his behavior. Forrest shrugged and walked Delphi out to his car. As they were walking to the car in the parking lot of the complex, the DM ran out trying to find Delphi, to have him notice her getting in the car and he ran after her. Forrest ran to grab her and got her in the car and drove away.

On the way to her mother's apartment, Delphi asked Forrest about his training and he explained it in a very detailed way. He also explained that he wouldn't force his children into it. They got to her apartment complex and she entered and waved goodbye. As she walked in, Delphi's mother texted her that her father called trying to find them. He called trying to force her to tell him where they were with no answer from her. She was uncomfortable talking to her separated husband. Delphi comforted her anxiety-ridden mother by making her favorite supper meal.

Her mother smiled at her and offered to help her make it. When the meal was finished, both of them started eating to have them hear a knock at the door, Her mother looked through the peephole and suddenly drops to the floor in fear. Delphi got to her side and held her. "CASSANDRA! I KNOW YOU'RE HOME! OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR!" Her father screamed. Delphi opened the door, "Leave us the FUCK alone Dad." She said, looking at her father in an annoyed manner.

Her mother walked to the dining room to avoid his wrath, knowing her daughter would handle it. Delphi's father didn't like that his daughter had cursed at him and began to yell at her, to then quickly be talked down by Delphi, who had little to no patience for him anymore. As her father was in the midst of having a tantrum, Delphi asked "Are we done here?" And closed the door before he answered the question. She went back to eating with her mother, blatantly ignoring her father knocking.