Chapter 20

After an hour of caressing her baby bump, Emmett was called for snacktime by Forrest and walked quickly to the kitchen, and was given his snack. Forrest smiled and ate with him. Delphi then came to the kitchen to also eat with him and they all laughed with each other. Delphi's mother was at work but called home and checked on the three of them. After snack, Emmett took a nap in Delphi's arms, and she snuggled him to sleep. While he was sleeping, Forrest and Delphi cleaned up the mess they made and would constantly check on Emmett.

Forrest held Delphi and kissed her baby bump. He was extremely affectionate towards Delphi and kissed her neck to tell her how happy he was for her courage and how grateful he was for her. While he was admiring her, Emmett woke up and asked to cuddle Forrest and he picked Emmett up to have him lay on his chest. After about 3 hours, Delphi's mother got home and saw Forrest and Emmett sleeping on the couch.

Delphi was also watching them, and the two of them were fawning over how adorable they were being. When Forrest got up, Emmett was also getting up and hugged his adoptive mother in a greeting way. The mother smiled at him and went into the kitchen to make some pasta for dinner. While he was waiting, Emmett watched as the food was being made. When the food was ready, Emmett took a small portion of it and was super excited to eat it, and wolfed it down.

Delphi's father walked in and apologized for being late, Emmett looked up at him confused about who he was. "Hi, I'm Delphi's dad..." he said. Emmett realized and said, "DADDY!!!" and hugged him. He started laughing and gave Emmett a big hug, and he was so happy to have a son. Emmett smiled at him and then went to go play with his dolls.