Chapter 19

Within 6 months of pregnancy, Delphi was very in tune with the fact that she was carrying twins and was patiently waiting to give birth. Forrest gave Delphi all the support they needed and he decided to live with Delphi to be close to the children. He wanted his children to not have to go on car trips to see him so he asked to move in. Delphi humbly agreed and he offered to sleep on the couch, but Delphi talked him out of it.

Delphi was happy about Forrest wanting to stay and being in the children's lives. Emmett was pretty happy and hugged Forrest and asked Delphi if he could play with the babies once they're born. Delphi nodded and Emmett's face lit up with joy and he ran to her and hugged her. She smiled and then gave Emmett a head pat, then kissed his forehead. Delphi's mother noticed and smiled at her children and their relationship with each other.

As soon as the hug ended, Emmett put his coloring book away and grabbed a box of toys and a dollhouse, and began making up stories. While he was playing, Delphi watched and was amazed by Emmett's skills in storytelling. As she was watching him, Emmett made a story related to his backstory and became extremely upset, sobbing uncontrollably, and was comforted by Delphi. He took a break from the dollhouse and paid attention to Delphi's baby bump.