Chapter 21

At 7.5 months of pregnancy, Delphi was getting some back pains and was very lenient with the whole process. Forrest drove Emmett to daycare and then the two of them went to the high school. At this point, people at school knew she was pregnant and some of the football team spread rumors that she was pregnant with their babies. Until Forrest debunked these rumors and revealed himself as the father.

People stopped the rumors and apologized to Forrest for spreading misinformation and he forgave them. They were astounded by his bravery and his will to reveal himself as the father to Delphi's children, much to the football team's annoyance. The football team then cornered him and tried to scare him into not taking the responsibility of fatherhood, which failed.

The football team then proceeded to berate him and tell him how the two of them shouldn't be together and Forrest ignored it and walked away. Delphi was also hounded by every girl in senior year and was never left alone until teachers got involved and made them leave her alone. Delphi became very calm and just studied in the library until Forrest came in and studied with her.

After school, the both of them ran out and got in his car, and drove to the daycare to pick up Emmett. He got in the car and talked excitedly about the daycare experience. Delphi and Forrest smiled as they drove down to the apartment and when they got there, Emmett ran into the apartment and tackled his mother telling her everything about the daycare. Delphi walked in and hugged her mom and Forrest nodded at her in greeting.

Forrest asked if he could make dinner and was given approval by the other three. Forrest decided to make some burritos and was deciding on the meat to put inside, and got beef in a frying pan. When that was done, he took tortillas and wrapped it up and dinner was served! They all grabbed a burrito and were pleased with the first bite. After dinner, they all cleaned up and got ready for bed.

While they fell asleep, Forrest wrapped his arm around Delphi and kissed her head. She smiled at Forrest and softly chuckled. As they fell asleep, Emmett went between them and fell asleep. When morning came, Emmett was glued to Delphi and didn't want to let her go. Forrest then decided to use his love of daycare against him and he let go. Emmett then waited for breakfast at the table and was given Cinnamon Toast Crunch.