Reunited

A/N - YOOOOOOO IM FINALLY POSTIN, THIS IS PROBABLY GONNA BE A LONG A/N SO FEEL FREE TO SKIP TO THE STORY !!

ALSO THIS IS HEAVILY BASED ON WHAT'S HAPPENING DURING THE MANGA, SPECIFICALLY THE EVENTS FROM CHAPTER 71 SO IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE MANGA YET PLEASE DO !! SPOILER WARNING OBVIOUSLY

Here's what I think it'd be like for Kou and Mitsuba to see each other again after Mitsuba turning into glass shards :)) It's sad fluff I swear-

also don't ask me how Mitsuba would've come back, I have no idea tbh so shhh just go with it </3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Kou's POV|

-

I looked in awe in front of me, wondering if my eyes deceived me. That same dumb strawberry colored hair. That same dumb scarf. That same dumb sweater. Those same dumb jeans. He turned around. My face curved into a smile, my vision quickly began to blur, and I was barely able to let out a simple word.

"...M-Mitsuba...?" without waiting for a response, I ran to him.

He did me a favor and opened his arms. We shared a warm embrace, one I wouldn't ever want to end.

"No, I'm Daikon-senpai. Yes it's me, you idiot." He said in that same sarcastic and playful tone I remembered and loved so much.

Mitsuba spoke in a softer tone than he usually would this time around. We were still hugging, and I wasn't gonna let him go again any time soon.

"Kou-kun, you're getting my shoulder all wet. I'm starting to get a little worried..." He deepened the hug.

"Well of course I'm gonna cry! I haven't seen you since- since..." I cried even more.

Mitsuba stroked my hair gently and didn't say a word, so I continued.

"Y-You really h-h-had me worried... d-dumbass...disappearing l-like that..." Speaking got harder and harder.

Well, since when is it easy to speak while sobbing?

"I'm sorry I left you so worried Kou-kun. What even happened...? The last thing I remember was being scared... and seeing your reaction..." Mitsuba started to cry too.

"I-I'm sorry I left y-you s-s-so hurt, K-K-Kou-kun..." He said with regret in his voice.

"D-Don't apologize you idiot, i-it isn't your fault... I'm just happy you're here again. I felt s-so lost without y-y-you..." I pulled away a bit, not enough to break the hug but enough to see his face.

I wiped away my tears with one of my hands and then used it to wipe away his. When I was done I placed my hand on his cheek.

"Y-You look really cute when you worry about me, S-Sousuke." He looked at me wide-eyed, and new tears dropped down his cheeks.

He didn't even need to blink for it to happen. I also felt his cheek get warmer under my hand. After he was still speechless for a few seconds, I broke the silence.

"You know, i-i-it really sucks, h-how you disappeared before I could tell you th-that, well, that I-I love you." Mitsuba blinked, followed by more tears crashing down his face along with a shaky smile.

"Y-You idiot. I love y-you t-t-too..." To that, I got wide-eyed myself.

My expression then changed to a soft smile and I saw Mitsuba close his eyes and slowly get closer and closer to me. I did the same, and we both shared a kiss. It felt like it lasted forever, yet not nearly long enough. His lips were soft and fit mine perfectly.

We stopped hugging and crying afterwards.

"Never disappear on me like that ever again, alright?" Saying that made Mitsuba giggle which I was happy about.

"I won't Minamoto-kun <3" My expression changed to a straight face.

"Heyyy, what happened to 'Kou-kuuuun'? Also did you seriously just say 'less than sign three'??"

"1. I can call you whateeeever I want, cute perverted traffic safety earring, and 2. Yes I did. What're you gonna do about it?" I just playfully rolled my eyes and gave him another kiss which made him blush.

"That!" I smiled.

Mitsuba turned away from me with a red face.

"Tch, dumb earring." After we finally reunited, things got back to normal. Everything was good again, and even better now that me and Mitsuba had mutual feelings for each other. I had never felt so happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - I hope you guys enjoyed !! I'm sorry it's so short, I'll try writing longer fanfics in the future :(

have a good day everyone !!