Can I tell you something?

Mitsuba plans on asking Kou out, but Kou is too dense to realize it, causing an unnecessary obstacle.

(also lemme know if y'all like the fact that I add a synopsis at the beginning of these chapters !! If not I'll stop doing them. let me know if y'all enjoy the third person POVS as well, or if you prefer first person !! my writing has changed quite a bit in 6 months lol.)

also this kinda sucks cause I'm lazy and tired but whatever 😋😋😋

-----------------------------------------

Mitsuba looked in his mirror, building up a sweat.

Today is the day. The day to stop being a wuss and to ask Kou out.

It was a Saturday, and Mitsuba had already told Kou on Friday to meet him at the park. Kou agreed to go without putting up a fight. Mitsuba remembered that he had to leave in 20 minutes, so he began to raid his wardrobe.

"Geez... what should I wear? My normal pink sweater? Tch, it's too hot for that. A plain shirt? No, too lame. Sweatpants? Way too informal..." Mitsuba muttered to himself, wanting to pick out the perfect outfit.

"This is good!" He took out a pair of jeans and a shirt with the silhouette of a lion on it.

"Kou likes lions." He quickly put on his clothes and grabbed a bag where he put a container of cookies, his camera, and a bottle of water inside.

I hope the cookies aren't too much.

Mitsuba then excitedly left his house, giving his mom a quick goodbye and grabbing his bike.

~At the park~

Once Mitsuba arrived at the park, Kou was already waiting for him on the swingset. The pink haired boy went ahead and sat on the seat next to him.

"Mitsuba! Good to- see you- so late-!" Kou teased every time he swung past.

Mitsuba just rolled his eyes. The blonde quickly came to a stop, and the two just looked at each other. Mitsuba began to feel a little uneasy with Kou staring, turning pink. Neither of them said a word.

"So uh, why did you tell me to come to the park? We never hang out here." Kou tilted his head like a puppy, finally breaking the silence.

"Oh- uh- I dunno. I just wanted to- hang out someplace else?" Mitsuba is a terrible liar.

Lucky for him, Kou is dense enough to not notice.

"Hm. Okay!" He smiled.

Mitsuba liked his bright smile, and his fangs too. Well, he liked just about everything about Kou. The two continued sitting in silence. It's not usually this awkward.

"Hey, can I use the swingset now?" Some kid pouted.

"Oh, of course!" Kou got up without a second thought.

"Shall we go elsewhere, Mitsuba?" He held out his hand.

Mitsuba blushed and slapped it away.

"I-I'm perfectly capable of getting off this swing myself, dork!" He snapped, making sure to keep his language PG for the kids around them.