🥀 red thread pt.1 🥀

A/N - AU where Mitsuba is alive! That's about all you need to know owo,, anyways I hope you like this!!

|Third Person POV|
-
-Flash Back time-
-
"Mom, what's 'the red string of fate'?" A young pink haired boy once asked, his pink eyes sparkling with curiousness.

The women looked down from her desk, smiling.

"It's an old tale. When the universe decides you're ready, it'll wrap a red thread around your finger, as well as your soulmate's. That way it's easier for you guys to reach each other."

"Has it ever wrapped around your finger??"

"No... but I don't need a soulmate. I already have you, and you're far more precious to me than anyone!" Mitsuba giggled.

"Do you believe it exists? Will I ever find my soulmate? How will I know??"

"You're very curious! Let's see... yes, I do believe it exists. Not everyone is lucky to experience it. As for your soulmate, I believe you'll find whoever they may be. You'll know when the person that you meet makes you experience the utmost happiness. Red thread or not, if it happens to be someone you'll want to be with the rest of your life, then that's called love. Once they share that love towards you, it's possible you've found your soulmate." The small boy gave a bright smile.

"I will make sure to make her very happy!!"

"I'm sure you will Mitsuba."

Mitsuba went off to his room, letting his mom work, while he imagined what it must be like to experience love.

-
-
-

-End of flashback-

|Mitsuba's POV|
-
Lies. There is no 'red thread'. I'll never find my soulmate. I don't even care at this point.

I got out of bed, not looking forward to the day ahead of me. I had already been to 3 schools before Kamome Gakuen. Bullied at all of them. I decided to go ahead and fake everything from now on. Niceness, friendliness, and a smile. Anything to make people not hate me. It didn't make me any less miserable though.

Everyone is gonna hate me. They always do. Fake personality or not, you're not a likable person Mitsuba Sousuke.

I felt like crying, but I didn't.

You wouldn't want to worry mom. Just calm down idiot. You can cry in a school bathroom or something.

I put on my school uniform and left my hair down, brushing it and getting it out of my face. My stomach got heavier and heavier.

"Mitsu, are you ready for school?" I heard my mom shout from downstairs.

"Yeah, give me a sec!!" I responded, stuffing everything in my bag.

I ran downstairs. I was taller than my mom, which I found a bit surreal.

"You have the directions on your phone right? You won't get lost? Be safe. Don't talk to strangers!" She told me all at once while holding my bike, worried out of her mind.

"I'll be fine, thanks. Also yes, I have the directions on my phone. It's a 10 minute ride."

"You're so grown!!"