📷 Mitsuba 📷

The last draft I'm posting again

Ooooo somewhat angsty oneshot?? Two stories in one day?? Craaazy. Anyways this is a request from @cyanidecherry_ and for once Mitsuba is actually a ghost lmao. Enjoy!!
-
|Kou's POV|
-
It was a Monday, and I was just at school, being bored as usual. Once it was lunch I went to the bathroom to check up on Mitsuba, my best friend. I didn't know if he thought about me the same way, but I didn't really care. Then again we've known each other for over 6 months, so we probably were best friends. I wasn't just gonna leave him alone, especially with Tsukasa still around. He deserved some company, no matter how salty he could be. Once I arrived I made sure no one else was in the stall so I wouldn't look weird just standing around calling out his name.

"Mitsuba?"

I saw him appear from a mirror.

"Oh... it's you..." He poked his head out and smiled, and I felt a small blush grow on my cheeks.

"W-What do you mean 'it's you'??" He then jumped out of the mirror completely.

"Pffft nothing. I was just messing with you. Now, what do you want lame earring?"

"I was just checking up on you. Don't you ever get bored?"

"Yeah, all the time. Doesn't mean I'm desperate enough to see you though..."

"H-Hey!!" He laughed.

"Don't get mad at meee! You're the one who decided to show up. Hmph!"

"Whatever. Anyways, you've been staying away from Tsukasa, right?"

"Uhhhhh yeah..." I noticed Mitsuba's gaze shift, and he started to look a bit nervous.

"Hey... what's wrong? You haven't spoken to him... have you...?"

"It's nothing... y-you can go now! I'll see you tomorrow." He was looking at the ground, and I started to get really worried.

"I wasn't here for that long though-"

"Just go!"

"O-Ok..." I was really confused about how his tone changed so quickly.

I hesitantly left the bathroom.

Maybe he wants to be left alone for a bit...? He seemed really jumpy though... I hope he'll be ok.

"Was it fun talking to Kou for the last time...?" I heard a muffled voice coming from the bathroom.

"What??" I whispered to myself.

I leaned against the door to hear the conversation.

"S-S-Sure."

"Ok!! You know what I have to do now then, right?"

"Y-Yeah." I could barely hear Mitsuba's voice.

I knew exactly who he was talking to.

I have to run in there to stop him! What does he mean 'talking to Kou for the last time'?? I have to go make sure Mitsuba is safe. I have to run! But... why won't my legs work...?!