Chap six

School was it's usual what was new was Rarbas presence at the orphanage.
Elina was distant from Rarba but glares were still sent her way.

On one of the days that Tom was sitting next to Rarba she said.

" Elina is planning something , she's planning something against me ".

He looked at her then and saw that her hair covered half her face , she pushed it back she sat cross legged with her book in her lap and a Quill on one hand.
He noticed that she could write with both hands.

" How do you know ".

" I can tell , plus she's told someone so i can hear whispers around have you not ".

He actually did but he didn't think that they were against her as no name was mentioned.

" I did but i don't think they're about you , plus Elina is not the planning kind she's impulsive ".

" Yes it seems but circumstances can make a commoner act like a king. Put the pieces together and it's obvious . Now what she wishes her outcome to be is my question . I have no eyes here so it is hard collecting information ". It was apparent she was in her thinking mode.
She scribbled down words that were jumbled up and mixed together that he couldn't distinguish them.

" She must have a planner , if i can get my hands on it...Course i can ". She suddenly exclaimed looking at him excitedly.
Her eyes were bright with blue fires dancing and twirling . He took a moment to watch the beauty sculptured by the angels in front of him.
She was a gift from god to him.

" Now what to exchange for ah... yes that's okay ".

She gathered her things and wished him farewell.

" Goodbye Thomas ".

" Bye Rarba ".

He watched her go into the orphanage and out .
She returned in an hour and snuck inside.

In dinner he saw Rarba talk to Elina and when no one was looking put something in her drink and went away.
She kept glancing at Elina untill Elina drank from her drink.

That night he heard riffling in the other room untill it all quieted down and heard a door open and tip toeing outside.
He opened his own door and found Rarba with a book coming his way.

" Rarba ". He whispered.
" Thomas ". She whispered back and went into his room.
She held the book in his face looking triumphant .
" What's this ".

" Elinas planning book ".

They found that Elina wanted to cut Rarbas hair and throw away her things.
But the most harmful one was Elina planning to push Rarba down the stairs and .

" Okay i must think of ways to prevent these things". Rarba said taking the book and walking out his room.

" Good night Thomas ".

" Good night Rarba ".

----------

He noticed everytime Rarba descended the stairs she looked behind her .
One time they were sitting on the swings she said.

" I've had enough of this paranoia i like it not , Elina must be taken care off ". She mused.

He replied not but kept swinging back and forth.
Watching as yet another kid went out the orphanage gates holding his new  parents hands .
She saw him watching and said.

" Worry not they will tire of him ".

" What do you mean ".

" Fake parents are just that fake ".

She was trailing dirt by her shoe when the caretaker came and said.

" Rarba someone is here to see you he says he's your bethroed ".

" Justin ". She said surprised hopping off the swing.

She had a bethroed ?
That was not acceptable not acceptable at all .
He will die he thought.

He watched as Rarba fixed her hair and straightened her skirt before running-walking towards the door.
Tom followed from a distance he felt a surge of jealousy something he never felt.

He saw a blonde haired blue eyed boy sitting in the games room.
" Abra ". He said adoringly.
Spinning her around as she giggled in his arms.
He glared at the boy who looked to be fourteen of age.
" How's my princess ". Said the boy sitting on the coach and pulling Rarba on his lap.
She giggled.
" I'm good you ".
" Couldn't have been better, what with my Abra next to me what could be better ".

He just wished something bad would happen to him.

" So I'm sorry to hear about your parents ".

" Ya them ". Rarba said sadly running her fingers through Justins hair.

She wasn't herself with Justin like with everybody else she had a different personality for everyone.

" You know if my parents allowed it i would have taken you with us , but they're bastards.
So you'll have to wait four agonising years before I'm of age and come marry you off ". He told her.

And just the idea of Rarba with someone else made him see red.

" Four years I'll be fifteen by then ".

" Yes old enough for marriage ". The boy assured her.

" So come on I'm taking you out ".

" Where ".

" Around the city in my carriage come on ".
He picked her off his lap and stood up holding out his hand Rarba clasped it.
He saw him talk to the caretaker probably taking permission to take her out.
Saw him sign and they left.
Gossips were flowing the place about Rarba and the boy.
What he wanted was the boys death maybe he can't have it now but he will one day.
Rarba returned late in the evening she and the boy came in laughing.
The caretaker scolded them about the late hour.
The boy promised to come again next Saturday.
With a kiss to her cheek he bid her farewell.
" Goodbye Justin ".
" Good night princess ".

---------

The next time they were together he asked her.

" Do you love him ".

" Love ". She asked incredulous.

" Love is stupid ".