Chap twenty one

The next day as the lesson defense against the dark arts was done , Tom saw Rarba go and talk to the teacher.
Without even having to listen he knew she was using her charm due to the smile on her face.
The teacher looked to be thinking and with a nod agreed to what Rarba wanted.

Rarba had on a necklace filled with the deepest blue sapphire stones all around the necklace .
Her hair was put up so her necklace was on full display.
The girls he saw looked at the necklace with envy.
As Rarba walked through the halls , Tom saw the boy Alexander quicken his step so at last he walked at the same pace as her.
" Mr.Lestrange ". She greeted.
" It is Alexander , do call me that ".
Tom saw the boy glance at Rarba's necklace and what looked like a smile was on his face .
" I see you liked the necklace".
After a pause Rarba replied.
" It is very pleasant indeed".
Rarba would not say thank you .
The boy was waiting for her to say it , but those two words were not to go out of her mouth by the looks of it .
"It was hard to obtain , in a moments notice like that ". The boy continued.
"It is pretty". Was all she said.
A sort of amused smile was now on the boy's face .
" Well see you around Rarba".
With an inclination of her head towards the boy , Rarba continued on her way fastening her step.

------------------

" You are better ". He asked her .
She was sitting on the snow , her lips starting to deepen in colour as her pale skin went even whiter and her cheeks went a deep rosy pink.
" I am ". Was her reply .
White flakes fell on her deep black hair .
Some was melting the water dripping down her curls.
" It is cold ". He said arms folded together to try and keep in the warmth.
He did not put on a warming  charm and he was freezing.
He could feel snow melting down his face.
His teeth were starting to chatter.
" It is ". She agreed.
Her head scarcely looked up at him as she was too busy gazing at the book Tom got her.
" It is to your liking ". He asked her .
" Yes ".
Rarba looked to be somewhere else , looking at the words but not really looking at them as if she was looking around them.
"Have you read this book". She asked him .
" No". He replied he didn't  get the time to read it .
" I see ".
Tom stood there for a moment , contemplating if he should sit down or go.
" Well if your going to freeze at least freeze while sitting down ". And that was her invitation for him to join her .
He sat down and the icy cold ness of the snow met him .
He was silent for a moment until he asked .
" Why do you ask about me reading the book I mean ". He said for a loss at what to say.
" There's a riddle here ". She said .
He didn't know if it was coincidence or not that she was trying to solve a riddle when him Tom Riddle happened to be there .
"What does it say ". He asked.
" Eight legs fear it .
You die if you see it .
An heir can tame and never fear it ". She said .
Tom thought but shook his head nothing came to mind .
"So something that when you see kills you ". He said thinking of all the horrible creatures that when you see it can kill you .
" A lot of things can kill you when you'r In its presence but this says when you see it". Rarba said drumming her fingers on the pages .
" A Basilisk kills you when you look it in the eye and spiders which have eight legs fear it ". He said in realization .
" Yes ". Rarba said with what he saw a glint of respect for him.
" So it's saying an heir can tame and not be afraid of the Basilisk , but what kind of heir ".
He saw that Rarba had the answer for this but would not voice it aloud .
Instead she got up , snow falling around her and said .
" Master your worst fear before tomorrow ". She said and hurried away from the snow into Hogwarts.
Her figure all black against the white snow .
She looked like a demonter , ready to end someone's  life with a kiss of her words .

----------------------------

Boggarts they were going to learn about Boggarts and see one in real life .
He saw Rarba talk to the teacher with her hand on her stomach and was whispering to her .
The teacher who was a female had a pitying look and told Rarba that she could sit it out .
Rarba knew about the lesson that was why she told him about mastering his worst fear before today , he paid no heed to her words yesterday.
He saw Rarba looked intently on each student and his fear .
There were many spiders , figures , insects , the dark , family members etc .
When the turns of the girls from their grade , Rarba paid extra attention and looked as if she was writing it all down .
Tom evaded his turn by showing concern for Rarba's illness and offered to take her to the nurse which the teacher agreed to .
Rarba being notified of what was to happen looked up from the boggart that was now a huge spider .
It was now the Gryffindors turn , she got up with no argument .
" This lesson it was of your doing ". He told her when they were out of hearing range from the class .
She gave him such a confused look that for a moment he believed it .
A moment mind you then he remembered who this was.
The master of emotions , she could put up any emotion on her face so real , that if someone didn't know any better they would believe it.
" I know not of what you speak about ". She said instead of the truth .
They were walking down the hall , the portraits that were around too busy chatting with their neighbors to pay any heed to them .
The necklace at her throat gleamed in the sun light just like her eyes were doing.
Emotive eyes , eyes that had many disguised emotions in them.
Eyes that were now looking at him with what could be called a smile .
"What of you Thomas , is your fear that secretive ". Rarba Inquired though she made sure her eyes did not look curious her tone was .
" My fear is mine and not made for show ". He said maybe a bit sharply for he saw against her will she stepped back .
Though Rarba did not flinch , he knew just as he knew that the sun rises every morning .
That only her pride reminded her not to flinch .
Her head inched upwards .
And Tom for the first time knew what guilt was .
Seeing Rarba try not to flinch from his words and to see that the reason for her head in the air was because of him.
" Must be a fear that not even you could face ".
Of course Rarba would never let him go with such parting words as the kind he said .

Against himself his hand twitched in annoyance .
By the way Rarba sweetly smiled , she had noticed his hand twitching .
Rarba did not discover his fear but she found out one thing that annoyed him .

The guilty feeling evaporated and in its place was grudging admiration for the way she had gotten such an emotion out of him .

It was silent for a moment then he noticed a change in Rarba .
Looking at her he followed her eyes .
There Alexander stood ravishing what looked to be a Ravenclaw girls mouth.
Tom stopped in his steps not knowing if he should continue or not .
For the first time he gave the reins to lead to someone else.
" What are you stopping for ". Rarba said bringing herself to her full height , back straight , head and nose high in the air .
The heels in her shoes clicked rhythm ethically as she walked with steps that spoke of grace , the way she was walking now had the portraits all looking at her.
Tom had to admit Rarba if she so wanted could have had the whole school bowing at her feet.

The couple hearing footsteps looked behind them.
It was a sight really both their faces .
Alexander's was of suprise , guilt and regret.
The girls who was a Ravenclaw was of embarrassment.
" Rarba ". Alexander said with what could be called a pleading voice .
" Mr. Lestrange ". She greeted .
Alexander glanced at Tom then back at Rarba .
" This is - ". He tried to explain.
" I'm his secret girlfriend ". The girl piped up.
If anything this only made the situation worse without her knowing .
" That's very cute ". Rarba replied .
The girl nodded happily.
" That's a very pretty necklace ". The girl complimented .
" I suppose , Mr.Lestrange gave me it as a present ". Rarba said.
The girl frowned and looked at her own empty neck less chest unlike Rarba.
" Why ". The girl asked .
Tom saw the girl was hurt and tears were gathering in her eyes.
Pathetic to cry in the presence of the person who brought those tears on to you.
Rarba he knew would never cry on such a petty thing as this.
Rarba seeing tears beginning to slide down the girls cheeks , gave her a look of coldness.
" It is people like you that ruin the name of woman ". She said and continued on her way with Tom following leaving behind a weeping Ravenclaw and a regretful Lestrange.

-----------------

The next morning the first year girls did not look to be normal.
They would jump at any shadow , jerk their head to any noise .
But the most scene they made was when Rarba entered the great hall .
They all stood up and cowered from head to toe .
They were shaking so much that their poor knees could not hold them up no longer.
One after the other they fell on their knees , with their heads bowed in jerking fear.

Their haters looked at them with cruel amusement others concern .
While the rest with nothing but Pity towards them but the majority of the school looked at them as if it was a show .

Rarba ran towards them as if to help them but that only resulted in them screaming themselves hoarse.
She stopped her hands to her mouth , teachers started coming . Professor Dumbledore and professor Slughorn.
" What happened ".Proffesor Slughorn asked Rarba the one who looked the most concern with her hands to her mouth.
" I don't know I just saw them start shaking and they looked and look so frightfully scared. It must be some kind of Trauma they all have together . I'd wager they did something against the rules that the results frightened them all. But oh you must help them , they look so helpless and I can not stand to see a student so - so like that ". She said her voice thick with unshed Tears.

" Oh it's okay Rarba , don't fret too much well take care of it ".
She nodded and turned away , if you didn't look for it you would not have found it .
But there in her eyes a gleam of triumphant shined in her eyes.