Rarba's POV

Rarba woke up with a grim face on Christmas .
Her sheets were still over her ,warm , keeping away the cold of winter .
Her blue eyes stared at the ceiling of the bed canopy , green silks covering it .
If she sat up now her day would begin .
And that wasn't something she wanted without knowing if she had presents or not.
The room was comfortably silent without the usual breathing of the girls in the dorm.

Rarba sat up and rubbed her bleary sleep filled eyes .
Her big clump of black curls were with no doubt now huge , blind fully she searched for her hair tie on the bedside table .
When found it was gratefully put to use by holding her hair at bay .
A big messy bun on her hair , she now found her wand .
The fingers on her hand unconsciously tightly held the wand between her fingers .
Still at disbelief at the magic and miracle in her hands .
This , this she could have been damned for she could have gone by her entire life with no presents at all if it meant owning this wand ; the magic in it .
" Lumos". She directed the spell to the light over head and the whole room brightened up.

There in the foot of her bed were presents .
There was more then actually two .
Which was surprising .
A smile was forming on her face and it was lucky that there was no one to see it.
Sitting next to the gifts , she started opening them.
First was a present wrapped in blue , the card on it said that it was from her aunt .
Opening it she found a pretty dress inside the kind of dress she'd wear to meet the parents of her Beau .
It was black , knee high .
Silk was at the bottom of the dress.
It was a cut off , her collarbones and shoulders would be bare .
The arms were elbow length not that long but modest enough.
The dress from the back had a low cut .
With the dress in the package , her aunt had given her heels .
They were not huge heels , small heels at the back of the shoe also black coloured .

Rarba did like the gift not that she didn't but she was still not please and still held a grudge against her aunt for not having had her live with them.
The next gift was wrapped in green , the card attached to it said Abraxas Malfoy .
The wrapping paper felt expensive and she tentatively opened it up.
There inside was a necklace box.
Oh how much Rarba loved necklaces and Malfoy did promise her one .
The box was heavy and silver coloured , the box also looked expensive.
Opening the box a necklace gleamed up at her .
It was one of the most beautiful necklaces she had ever seen .
The necklace was white with white jewels attached to it all over .
The jewels shined and touching them , she retrieved her hand quickly .
For she felt magic buzz from them .
A card she found under the necklace box .
The card was emerald green with the script To Rarba
Written on it , opening the card it said : Merry Christmas Rarba , I hope the necklace has delighted you as much as it delighted me and my mother .
The necklace is special as it is filled with magic , magic that'll make the necklace Unbreakable and un-cursable.
No magic can penetrate it .
From Abraxas .

Rarba liked Malfoy she really did , he was nice to her and gave her things like this ; that made her like him.
The next was wrapped in dark grey , the card attached to it said that it was from Tom.
Thomas. Rarba did not know if they were still fighting for an unknown reason.
Really the one person she did no wrong to was him.
And this is how he repays her ?
By being cold to her .
Well this seemed to say that nothing wrong was between them .
Good thing she sent a gift his way too .
Rarba really didn't expect much from him and she forgive him because she knew that he was poor with no family .
Rarba's case was different she had money .

Thomas had gotten her a silver ring that had the letters RVC on it .
Rarba was surprised at how much she actually liked the ring .
She did not know if Tom knew the V stood for Victoria or he'd only put it there because her trunk had the same thing .
Slipping the ring on her index finger from the left hand , she saw that there was one present left .
It was not a present just a thick creamy envelope with the mark of Custio waxed to it.
A crow with a rose in its mouth.
Opening it with shaking fingers she found a long letter inside , unfolding it she saw it was from her Grandma.

Dear Rarba
Did you know that I only knew that you were not living with your aunt , when she came to visit me without you .
Upon asking about your whereabouts the woman replied with putting you in an orphanage . An orphanage!
A disgrace what a disgrace , what do the People think of us .
They've probably begun talking about how we can't even take care of our own!
Just imagine my fury Rarba when I was told that a Custio a Custio that's visited Palaces met the monarchy , danced with noble blood being sent to an orphanage!
The thought plagues me with sickness all over again.
Your aunt was thrown out of Custio manor as soon as she told me the news.
To put you in an orphanage, the woman's lost her sense!
Curse her I say to discard her own blood .
I went running straight to the Orphanage she put you in , next to your business house .
Upon arriving they told me that you'd gone to a boarding school ?
This is all news to me , they think that I am a grandma and there is no use in telling me all about this.
Oh Rarba how did you survive ?
I saw the state you were living in , took me up to your room to gather your personal things and completed the paper work so I could adopt you .
Adopt my own granddaughter , what a shame!
No matter you'll never have to think of that dreary place ever again .
As for the financial business when you come home we'll discuss it .
Send me back a reply telling me where to pick you up from.
Love Rosada Custio

This , this was better then any present her grandma could have given her .
She'd never see the orphanage again , if she could help it .
Putting on her new dress , Rarba was ready to face the world .