Chap twenty four

Tom was woken up much to his distaste.
By a voice that said
" Merry Christmas Thomas".
It was Rarba's voice which took away the annoyance he felt for being woken up.
Tom struggled to open his eyes because sleep still had its claws on him .
Opening his eyes Tom loved the quietness about him only one other person was breathing in this dorm and She was behind the curtains of his bed .

Pushing the covers aside and sitting up , Tom drew the curtains away .
He did a double take when he saw Rarba .
She looked much older this way .
Her black hair was straight with white gems pinned  in it to match the colour of her necklace .
That seemed to roar for attention , the jewels on it sparkled and the evidence of magic in them was apparent .
Pink lipstick adorned her lips .
A dress that went to her knees , showing off her pale collarbones that if possible made the necklace shout for attention even more .
Her height was taller than usual with the heels she was wearing .
And most important was that Rarba wore the ring he got her on the index finger of her left hand .
He would be lying if he said he didn't feel a sense of pride when he saw the ring on her finger .
Rarba Victoria Custio .
Such a pretty middle name for a pretty girl .

Looking at her , Tom unconsciously patted his hair down .
" Merry Christmas ". He replied to her his lips forming just a whisper of a smile .
Standing up the cold floor met his toes , he liked this feeling .
The feeling of being alive enough that he could feel the floors coolness .
When Rarba reached out for his wand , Tom couldn't help it he quickly put his hand on it first .
Rarba or no that wand was his and Tom was the only person to hold it .
An amused smile lightened her face when she saw what he did .
" I just wanted to see how someone else's  wand would feel ". When she retracted her hands , Tom noticed that her fingers were painted red .
Crimson red the colour of blood.
It looked scarcely beautiful with her nails .
Tom did not offer his wand probably the way Rarba thought after she said that .
" I understand I'm sure your wand means more to you than me ". She was waiting for him to agree or disagree.
He would give her neither , if he said yes then she had found a weakness in him something that could really effect him .
And if he said no then that meant Rarba meant the world to him .
Which she still wasn't .

There were presents at the foot of his head.
He kneeled down next to them.
As much as he wanted to suppress it , Tom felt giddy and happy that he got presents.
Rarba sat on his bed and looked at him .
Waiting for him to open his presents presumably.
But the sight of Rarba on his territory was not something he could pass off and away that easily.

Her feet did not touch the ground cause his bed was high up like the other boy's.
Tom noticed that she did a little jump to reach the bed .
Even in small heels her feet  hovered near the ground not really touching it .
" Go on what are you waiting for ". She asked him with a smile when she saw his eyes on her .
Rarba did not ask why he was staring , she was probably used to the opposite gender always staring at her and her mesmerizing angelic beauty.
Tom did not like that thought .

Rarba gave him a look that said I know why your looking at me .
Of course she knew , she was aware of her own beauty .
She used it to her own advantage .
Tom looked away and started opening the presents.
One was wrapped in pure white opening it , he saw it was from Malfoy .
Inside was a thick potions book , Tom liked Potions he supposed and truthfully Malfoy wouldn't know what Tom liked .
Unlike him Rarba made it clear that she was fond of jewelry.
The next was from Lestrange who got him a wand holder .
That was useful .
Orion Black got him a muggle book that was titled How to make the Harlot love you

Tom set the book down with a furious glint in his eye.
His hand twitched towards his wand .
This was about Rarba he knew.
It wasn't that obvious but if you concentrated you would know that Tom cared about Rarba.
By the way he always glanced her way .
The decision made , Tom silently tapped the book with his wand .
And the book went up in flames instantly .
He heard Rarba gasp and in that next second Rarba was pulling him back from the flames by his arms .
She hurriedly sprayed the flames with water from her wand .