Chap eleven

She was jumping up and down.

" So there's four houses , Um... Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Huffelpuff and slytherin ". Rarba said uncertainly to the boy on the stand getting his measurements.
Tom already bought second hand robes , Rarba took money out her account and exchanged it to Galleons in Gringotts.

" Yes , I'll most likely be in Slytherin my whole family's been there ". The blonde haired boy said proudly.

" So why are there multiple houses ".

The boy looked at her and said.

" Your muggle born ".

" What's that ". Rarba replied.
Tom saw the blonde boy reach for a stick , which was a wand.

" Filthy mudblood ". The blonde guy sneered at her.

Rarba looked at him as if for the first time.
Her hair was let down , the robes she tried out framed her figure perfectly.
If Tom himself wasn't handsome he would have laughed at himself for liking such a beauty.
Her blue eyes pierced the boys that were grey and bluish with blonde hair that looked almost white.
Rarba straightened her back and jutted her chin up looking down at the boy .

" I will not be talked to in that manner , i assure you if there's anything filthy in here that would be your tongue ". She told him all the enthusiasm and excitement washed away replaced by an emotionless face.

" You will not talk to a malfoy like that! You mudblood ".
The boy took his wand out.
Tom had no wand yet , they agreed on purchasing it last.

" Under no circumstances will i be talked to in that manner either Mr.Malfoy.
And if you want to talk blood let me tell you that the Custio family has lived for generations . Let me tell you that my family has existed in the time of the Tudors ruling and might i add that my family had high status in court . My own aunt married a Howard.
So the family of Howards have Custio blood in their veins. So please do not speak of blood status for my blood is as pure as our line".
She finished her speech with a touch of a smile.
The boy was speechless then regained his composure.
Tom saw both were proud and would not be intimidated.

" As you might be muggle pure that still names you a mudblood , while i am a pureblood ". The boy said.
Rarba laughed.
" My my such manners from a pureblood I'd hate to see how other purebloods behave ".

" Abraxas who are you talking to ". An equally blonde woman asked.

"  A mudblood who thinks she's pure ". The boy said turning his nose up.
The woman sniffed herself.
" A mudblood , they should really make them their own places ". The woman said.

He saw Rarbas eyes flash.
The racket atop the womans head fell and banged on the womans head.
" My my it seems the racket itself would rather fall then listen to your foul tongue". Rarba said.
The woman looked at Rarba angrily then her eyes spotted Rarbas glowing ones.
" A Castio ". The woman whispered.
Rarba straightened her back even more obviously liking the acknowledgement.
" Um...mother no she's a mudblood , she doesn't even know the houses". The boy told his mother.
The woman turned her eyes sharply to her son who shrunk away.
" Have i not told you the tale of the Custio line Abraxas".

" Oh....them of course the ones who neglected their magic which eventually faded . But they still kept their line pure in the muggle world ". The boy summed up.
" Every Custio had a pair of unique blue eyes . Every member had a different shade. Just like the malfoys are all fair haired . The Custios have their eyes". The woman said.

" Well deary your done". The shopkeeper said.
Rarba hopped of the stool and as if the two other occupants in the room weren't there , paid the woman and came his way.
" Come on Thomas let's go to the book store ". She said waiting for him.

" Is that a custio to ". He heard the woman say.
" I don't think so he had violent eyes ".

___________

Stepping out the bookstore.
Rarba had a pile of books weighting them on both arms.
A boy seeing Rarbas struggle came her way.
" Hi I'm Charles Potter ". The boy introduced himself.
" Rarba Custio ". Rarba mumbled behind the stack of books.
" Do you need some help ". The boy asked her.
Tom stood there next to Rarba looking at the boy who seemed older then them.
" Help , no i need no help". Rarba said.
The boy laughed took out his wand and in a flourish shrinked the books until they all fit in her Palm.
" Wow ". Rarba said in awe.
The boy looked at Rarba , then looked at the books that obviously hid her face before.
The boy looked at her eyes again and said.
" A real life Custio , mom would be glad to see you".

" Well Mr.Potter it was nice meeting you and thank you for your help , but me and Thomas must be off".
The boy startled by his mention looked at Tom.
Who stood there staring back.
" Your boyfriend ". The boy said.
Tom didn't like the question,  he knew they weren't in a relationship , but he liked to think they were.
" Not at all ". She said.
Tom did not like the sound of that.
" Well then I'm in Grydfindor a third grader how about you ".

" I'm a first grader i suppose".

" Well i wish you luck , i hope to see you in Hogwarts".

________

" This is a very rare powerful type of wand 13 and a half , yew wood with a phoneix feather core ". The old man said to him.
He liked powerful.
As soon as he held the wand the glow of green sparked from it , making winds that shuddered the shop.

" My oh my , be careful young boy that wand has only one twin which is rare in itself ".
The man gave him a knowing look as if he knew that Tom would not do good with it.
Rarba took as long as him to find her wand.
" This is hopeless". she said pushing her hair back.

" Let's see here ". The old man said giving her a wand.

" 10 inches deep , the wood comes from a tree that grows dark in the dephs of Azkaban . I made this wand when i was young and foolish hoping to make powerful wands . It's core is so rare that no one these days even thinks it's real. A bone of a dead dememtor with a touch of venom". The man said hesitantly giving it to Rarba.
As soon as she held it , green mist whirled around Rarba . When the old man approached her the mist like a snake struck out pushing the man back.
Rarba held her wand in awe.
" Wow ". She said.
The man looked between them .
" Be careful with these wands , and fear their power". He said.

" Fear is what comes in the way of ambition ". Rarba told him.
The old man looked away , they paid for their wands.

" Lets come back tomorrow". She said.
He nodded.