Chap thirteen

Tom did not see Rarba that day , not her sweetly devilish voice or her godly looks and strangely enough he noticed which did not happen with others.
But when he did see her .
She made an appearance.

One of the staff had Rarba by the ear and dragged her to the dinning hall where they were staying at .
" Elisha come up please ".
A girl that had short cropped dirty blonde hair , big boy pants and a guys sweater walked up to them.
" Yes ". She asked in her roughed up voice.
" You have told me that this one here was snooping around in the janitors closet at school ".

Even though Rarba was in an unsuitable stance to be a threat her eyes sliced into the brown ones of Asheline.
The girl flinched.
" Uh...yes i did ".

The staff member pinched Rarbas ear harder.

" And what were you doing there girlie ".
Everyone in the room was quiet watching the scene unfold.
" That did not happen ". Rarba said calmly , her face did not speak of someone who's ear was in a tight grip.
" Are you lying Asheline". The man said .

The girls face had the face of struggle until finally she shouted " Yes ".
Then she put her hand to her mouth .

The grip on Rarba's ear was released and in turn the hand that held her ear now held Asheline's.

" Lying will get you no where ". Rarba said straightening her back.

-----------

Asheline owned a cat , that cat was slaughtered and hung from the rafters from the orphanage.
Everyone was gaping at it they heard Asheline calling for her cat .
Tom saw that Rarba was sitting on the stairs one leg over the other.
Hair clipped upwards , dress flowing down her knees with black flats.
Eyes that sparkled with the act of mischief.
Everyone looked from Rarba to the cat.
The cat's fur was skinned and it was truly a gruesome sight.
Kind of like the rabbit incident with Tom.

Tom stood at the back of the hall leaning on the far backed wall.

" Kitty ". Called Asheline seeing the crowd she came forward.
Asheline screamed and Rarba laughed.

That mockery laugh that was supposed to get under your skin.

The scream was of horror , the girl slapped her hand on her cheeks.

The caretaker came running.
To a sobbing Asheline.
Rarba quickly stood up and came down the stairs as if she was coming down them and was not upon them a mere seconds ago.

" Oh miss look at this horrifying act of cruelty , I was sitting on the stairs looking for my earings when i heard Asheline scream.
I did not take care of the assembling children i thought it was just one of their games.
Who would do this to a poor cat! ". Rarba said in disbelief wiping of the tears that sprung she moved forward and cried on the caretakers shoulder engulfing her in a hug.
The caretaker rubbed Rarba's back .

Asheline wailed and started screaming.

" LIAR LIAR LIAR!
YOU WITCH!
She was laughing , it was her i know it was her ". Screamed Asheline pointing an accusing finger at Rarba.

" Poor Shelly Your in denial sweety ". Rarba said opening her arms as if to give the girl a hug.

Asheline flung her arms back and backed away.

" I would never do that is not nice plus i love cats ask even the neighbors I used to own one before mummy and daddy ". Here her voice broke.

" You know died ". She said in a whisper tears now falling down her cheeks.

The caretaker Engulfed Rarba in a hug and soothed her down.

" Ashline you naughty girl accusing people of cruel acts , everyone has bad things happen to them it does not mean we start blaming others.
Up to my office we'll talk of your punishment ".

----------

After the caretaker left with Asheline.
Rarba observed the cat tilting her head to the side.
Before leaving she sent everyone a dazzling smiles which should not have been there with the puffy red teary eyes.

______________

When Rarba left kids started whispering about him and the rabbit incident and how Rarba was now connected to the cat incident.
His admiration of her had arisen they had same ideas and schemes .
It was a sign that they were meant to be.
Great minds think alike after all.
And Tom had one magnificent mind.