Chapter 16✨

King POV

"What the fuck" Mutt says shouting through the phone.

"How the fuck did this shit happen...I'm coming rn"
"Nigga we need to rush to the hospital"

"What's up" I say confused.

"Nia...she was attacked"

"Oh shiii"

I drive quickly to the hospital and we make it in about 20 minutes. When we go in through the entrance we see the reception and Mutt asks for the directions to Nia's ward.

"Are you family sir" she asks calmly.

"Listen here, I don't have time for this...show me her room now" he says to her as he moves his jacket to the side to show her his gun that is tucked in his pants.

"Uhm...w-what did you say was her name again sir" she says stuttering scared from what she has just seen.

She opens a cabinet full of files and looks through the files which have the letter N. She finally picks out the file and directs us to where Nia is. As we rush through the corridors I see an elderly woman who kinda looks like Nia, probably her mother, seated with another elderly woman comforting her. As I look at them, I see Faith standing near the entrance door of Nia's room.

"King..." she says when she sees me and I pull her into my arms. She starts crying heavily on my chest and all I can do is rub her back to calm her down.

"Baby what happened..why didn't you call me" I ask her and as I look at her. Her eyes are swollen and red, Looks like she had been crying for a long time.

"King...I don't know..." she says trying to explain but the tears on her face keep running down. I pull her back into my arms and I see Mutt talking to the elderly woman that resembles Nia.

"Afternoon ma'am" I greet both the women seated in front of me.

"This is Nia's mom and this is my mother" Faith introduces them to me.

Shiddd...her mother?!?

"Nice to meet you ma'am" I say pulling out my hand to greet Nia's mom and Faith's mother.

"I ain't never seen you before, are you one of Nia's friends?" She asks me with a serious look.

"Uhm.." before I can speak Faith cuts me off.

"His one of Mutt's friends mom" she says and I look at her confused.

*****************************************

Faith POV

"His one of Mutt's friends mom" I say to my mother. I really did not want King and my mom to meet like this.  And I definitely do not want my mom knowing I'm with a man who is 10 plus years older than me.

"I'ma go ahead and buy coffee for y'all, you want something" King asks me with a serious face.

Okay...

"Nah I'm good thanks" I say to him and he walks off.

A few hours have passed by and King left about an hour ago. Although he did want to stay and be there for me and Mutt I just told him to leave and get some rest.

Within a few minutes the doctors make their way out the room. We quickly all stand up waiting for the doctor to give us only good news.

"Is she gonna be alright" Nia's mother says hoping for the doctor to not mention any bad news.

"Ma'am, your daughter is gonna be just fine"

Thank God. I whisper to myself. I'm really not ready to lose my best friend.

"We are glad that you caught her in time because she lost a lot of blood, but we managed to save her. It looks as if she was hit multiple times on the back of her head with a heavy object which almost managed to crack her skull"

"Ohhhh...who could have done this to mi child" Nia's mother cries aloud.

"Not only did we find that ma'am, but we found out that she lost the baby"

"Baby?" Mutt asks the doctor confused.

"She was 13 weeks pregnant sir.."

"Was?"

"I'm sorry sir, but she lost the baby due to the  traumatic event she faced"

He walks off to the waiting area and sits down with his head in his hands. I go over to him and decide to comfort him.

"Mutt, I'm so so sorry" I say trying to hold back my tears.

"I would have been a dad" Mutt says softly, seems as if he is trying to process everything.

"I'ma find these bitches that did this to my girl, no joke. And when I find them bitches...when I find these niggas.." He says continuously punching his right palm with his left fist.

"Mutt calm down.."I say trying to calm him down.

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down...my child is dead and my girl out here fighting for her life" he says standing up and walking up and down the room.

"Mutt...Mutt" I say trying to stop him from going crazy by walking up and down this room.

"My child...my child is dea-" he says as he sits down and I pull him into a hug.

"Mutt I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry" I say crying heavily.

"And now I have to find someway to tell her that our child is dead...how am I gon...how am I gon tell her" he says crying on my shoulder. This is the first time I've seen him cry. He really does love Nia.

He pulls away from the hug, wiping his face and makes his way to the doctor.

"Can we go see her" he asks the doctor.

"Right now she has been sedated so she will only be awake by tomorrow"

"Aight, I'm not going nowhere...I'll stay here till she wakes up" Mutt says going to sit on those chairs in the waiting area.