3 | Fearless Villager

It's late into the night.

I was messing around in someone's garden. Playing with one of the plants, making it grow in certain ways, and I would sometimes bloom other plants that weren't there before.

That was when the door opened.

The bright light made the person seem like a silhouette coming out of a tunnel of blinding light, and I squinted my eyes at them. Being at this for several weeks without human interaction that did not involve others screaming and running away, it kind of startled me how... calm, or indifferent they were to my existence.

"What are you doing out this late?" they inquired. "It's almost midnight, and considering what you're doing... no wonder you've gained quite a reputation around here. A creepypasta, almost." "What's a creepypa-" "Oh, my apologies. Should've introduced myself. You can call me E."

I stared at her. "E?" "I'm not giving you my full name, you're creepy as fuck."

I stand up from the bush I have sprouted in the corner of the garden. "Well then, if you ain't giving me your real name, may as well keep mine from you."

'E' steps into the moonlight - revealing to me their features. They had blonde hair that reached their shoulders, and it was messy. Really messy. As if they got electrocuted and never bothered fixing their hair. Speaking of which, their hair looked like they had been on fire. And they had burn marks all over every visible inch of skin I could see. They were wearing a blue, green and white striped shirt, as well as black shorts. I don't even know what gender they are? Most people in this town could easily be viewed as a girl or boy, except for 'Call me E' person. "Now, why are you trespassing? This is my property."

Odd. "Trespassing? Well, my house used to be around here before a group of men tore it apart. Were they trespassing?"

They tilted their head, and I was unsure whether they was confused. "Sorry? They tore your house down?"

"They just. Did. Does it happen often?"

They stared at me a little too long for comfort. "E? Did I do something wrong, or-" They start laughing, physically shooing away my question. "Oh, no, no, it's fine! People normally don't tear down houses, you should've filed a case against them."

In my head, I imagine putting a suitcase in a folder and hitting one of the men over the head with it. "What?"

They continue, resting their hands on their knees before swinging their head to look over at the bush I grew. "Didn't have that here throughout the day, did you plant it or something?"

I light up. "Oh no, I just grew it outta my hands."

And they deadpan. I look at them, confused. "What is it now? Y'know... you grow plants a little like... uh..."

I kneel down at the staircase, putting my right hand on the first step. Nothing happens at first, until the area under my hand glows green. Smiling, I raise my hand, a flower starts growing from the spot I touched. I look at "Call Me The Alphabet E" person, who was staring at me with amazement. "Just like that. You ca- why are you looking at me like that?- y- you just grow plants like that, right?"

They then shake their head. "No, no, I can't."

"...oh."

"So uh, Dove - I'm just going to call you that for your appearance - I'm going to go to sleep. You should too."

"So we meet here tomorrow, then?" "Have work, sorry. Assuming you don't have any."

I look at the ground breifly. "Yeah... see you tomorrow night? You don't work at night, do you?"

I almost leapt into the air when they accepted, before closing the door. I started skipping away to my temporary house back in the safety of the forest.