15 | Strange Entity

Seven corpses. Twenty zombies.

The corpses caught my attention. So I've been following the black trail for about fifteen minutes now, and the number of bodies I had to revive steadily increased. All dead, and never alive. I revived them of course, but I couldn't see any safe zone in sight. I just prayed that whatever was in here wouldn't stumble upon them and kill them again.

I ran into a tesla gate earlier. Apparently I am more tolerant of pain, but... ow. It still hurts. I've learnt to be more careful, though.

Occassionally, the blue light would check up on me. However, it mostly left me on my own, flickering off to I presume go somewhere else.

An unusually loud voice came over the intercom, making me nearly jump out of my skin. "Mobile Task Force Epsilon-11, designated 'Nine Tailed Fox', has entered the facility. All remaining personnel are advised to stay in the evacuation shelters or any other secure areas until the units have secured te facility. Awaiting containment of seven SCP subjects."

I remember Dr. Glass' warning. "The MTF ain't exactly nice to SCPs who breach containment."

Should I return to my cell?

...

Nah.

I continue on my merry way, following the corroded trail, looking out for corpses and zombies. How is it that I have not encountered a living human being yet? Maybe because I'm following a path of destruction, being the black liquid that is corroding the floor?

What I did not expect next, however, was someone screaming excessively loudly. I covered my ears momentarily, before quickly looking around to find out where the hell it was coming from.

I think it's still from the trail I was following.

I started following the trail, my pace much faster than before. Whoever this black liquid belongs to, they definitely knew the area well. Never seeming to walk in a circle, somehow knowing exactly where they needed to go.

I was about to go through another door when it slammed shut, and I quickly halted. There was nobody behind this door, who could possibly know I was coming?

I look around, noticing the security camera. Glowing blue.

God damn it.

"Why'd you close the door? I was about to go through there." "You're lucky that door is functioning. Otherwise, you may have put yourself at risk by viewing SCP-096's face."

Okay, guy who gets mad and will probably attempt to kill me if I saw their face. Noted. "You are SCP-XYZ, correct?" I slowly nodded. "An ally of mine is near your location. He has died and I need you to revive him. You must not look at SCP-096's face while doing so."

I turn towards the door. "Do I follow the trail? I heard screaming from there." "Yes. Keep your head down as well. I will be unable to communicate with you further as there are no functioning speakers in the location."

At that very moment, the intercom happened to turn on. "SCP-173 recontained successfully. Awaiting recontainment of six SCP subjects."

"They have not noticed SCP-049-J's demise. Hurry, SCP-XYZ."

I nodded, and the camera gave me a single nod back. The door opens - I think the camera did that - and I continued following the trail, my head down.

A tall, pale man bumped into me just as I was about to pass through another door. I was about to look up when I realised that they were unusually tall, definitely suffering from malnutrition, and wearing no clothes. Hell, their skin was deathly pale and their arms were longer than they should be.

It then hit me like a ton of bricks. This is SCP-096. I winced as I kept my head down, pushing past the SCP, and going through the door. It closes behind me without me doing so.

Thanks, camera.

I look up only to see a scene of chaos.

The black liquid. It was everywhere, and it seemed that whoever was responsible for it was here only a few minutes ago, maybe even a few seconds. The walls and floor haven't decayed yet. A door was broken open, and I realise that was where the liquid-dripping SCP probably went.

What lay in the centre of the hallway's intersection caught my attention.

Whatever the hell it was, it looked human upon first glance, but I quickly realised they were made out of moss and tissue. Their clothes were damaged, and their right arm and half of their torso was missing. There were also a bird mask, tophat and stick lying around the room, and I assumed that whoever attacked the poor guy took it off and threw it across the room.

Is this a prank?

I looked at the blue camera, who looked at the moss-corpse, looked backed at me, and gave me a single nod.

Well, they're an SCP, it could get weirder than a sentient camera, after all.

I approached the moss corpse, inspecting it. They had no blood, and... is that... is that a miniature plague doctor mask in their 'flesh'?

I took off my glove and ran my hand over their torso. They quickly started regenerating. I looked back to the camera, who was just watching this go on. I look back at the corpse, who would be regaining consciousness in about...

The body shot up into a sitting position, before immediately falling down from the world probably spinning. I grabbed their shoulders, before gently laying them back down. They didn't seem to have any eyes, so I just assumed that they were blind.

Wait. But they saw 096's face, so how the hell does this thing see? Ah, no matter. They're alive now and I have to protect them, courtesy of the camera.

Putting my glove back on, I grabbed the tophat from the ground. I assumed it belonged to them, and it was still in good shape, so I'll give it back to them when they're more awake. Their mask, however, is destroyed beyond repair, and their stick was snapped in half. The scientists will probably give them a new one.

Balancing the hat on my head, I returned to the moss entity, who, I think, was staring at me.

"SCP-049 and SCP-035 recontained successfully. Awaiting recontainment of four SCP subjects."

I look back at the camera, who pointed to the door I came from, before the blue light disappeared. Probably trying to prevent itself from being recontained.

I slowly picked up the entity, bridal-style. They were surprisingly light, but I assumed it was because of the fact they were made of moss and tissue. As soon as I stood up, they wrapped their arms around me.

I think I'll just take them back to my containment cell, would make the MTF happy and less likely for them to shoot my and the entity's brains out. I started retracing my steps, following the black trail, back to... Research Sector 03. That's the sign hanging above the exit of Heavy Containment. With a lot of trouble, I swiped the keycard on the reader while holding 049-J.

I continued following the trail, until it ended at the door where I found the thirteen zombies. No more path for me to follow. So I started walking aimlessly around.

I happened upon my room at chance, the only indicator being the poster with my alphabetical designation on it. I hastily rushed inside, not caring when the containment chamber's door slammed shut behind me and an announcement being made that 049-J and I were recontained.

No more MTF going our way, I guess.

As I sat down on my bed, it was only then that I realised that the pile of moss I held on my hands had fallen asleep on the way here. I sighed, turned, and attempted to put them on my bed without waking them up.

Success.

I then pulled my blanket over the sleeping entity, getting off the bed and sitting on the table, grabbing a book. It will take some time for the facility to back to normal, so now we wait.