20 | An Unofficial Interview

guys what the hell is this

normally i say "google is your best friend" but even google isnt giving me answers-

○○○

I could do merely nothing but watch on as Dr. Bright struggled for his dear life.

Why?

Because Dr. Glass was practically strangling him to bring him to his office for a psychological evaluation.

"Bright! We do this every month! Will you quit being a child and please cooperate?!"

"You'll never take me alive!"

That was the last thing he said before he stabbed himself with a pocket knife.

I laughed quietly to myself as Dr. Glass violently shook the bleeding researcher.

"Bright! We can't waste any more D-Class on this! It's the tenth time this year!"

"Glass, it's no big deal! You said he's immortal-"

I take a glance at Dr. Bright, and immediately deadpanned. His eyes were staring at the ceiling, and almost immediately I realised what had occured.

He's dead.

"Bright?"

"Y/N, he'll be fine."

From seemingly nowhere, Dr. Glass produces a pair of tongs and cautiously removed the amulet from Bright's very dead corpse. "Can't I just... go out there and revive him...?"

He looks at me through the window, with a somewhat sorrowful look on his face. "I... don't have the clearance to do it. I'm the head psychologist but I'm not assigned as your researcher."

As if on cue, the door opens and we both turn to see who it is.

Not somebody I knew.

"Am I interrupting something?" he asks, and I could hear how smug he was just by his voice. I looked back at Dr. Glass, staring at him in shock. "Dr. Sherman? I thought you were supposed to be watching 049, isn't Elijah supposed to assist in a test today?"

"Got postponed. She's taking care of 049 right now, that lucky little plague bastard."

Dr. Sherman... I'm assuming he's the co-head researcher, or something along those lines, of 049. Or maybe the head researcher of 049-J?

Dr. Glass puts the amulet in a plastic bag, heaving the corpse of Dr. Bright over his shoulder. "And don't you have other work to attend to? Like 4521?"

He looks down as he laughs softly, and I look to Glass again. I don't want him to leave. "Oh, since my duty to watch over 049 has been postponed, I've been given free time. You can check with the Site Director," he pauses as he gestures to the amulet, "once he, well, gets a new body."